Billy's engine on Dyno

73 Sanger Flat

Need to buy a new starter  for sure .. It sounded horrible , I shimmed it down and it did not help .. Finally took the starter  back off and tested with jumper cable and it sounds bad .. I think it may have an internally gear broken .. Rusty may have another CSR starter like mine  that I can buy .. If not , I'm going to buy a new one .. 

I was hoping to get it button up Sunday , but it did not happen .. Need starter , fuel regulator and zip tie everything back in place and it should be ready .

73 Sanger Flat

Should get the new Starter and new Tach on Wednesday . Fixed the fuel pressure regulator. Thanks to Galen for finding  me a Barry Grant fuel regulator repair kit .. It suck they went out of business .. I  have squared the jets up in the carb also .. Just need to get the starter on and zip tie everything in place ..  Not really in a hurry to finish it .. No water in the lakes that I like to go to for testing . ..

It has fresh Brad Penn 15-40( green oil ) in it now .. Breakin oil is out .. So it is almost time to go play .. Can't wait to see the difference the  extra 1/4 stroke makes for power ..

Carnivalride

Brazos River Rat ( Billy ) said:
Should get the new Starter and new Tach on Wednesday . Fixed the fuel pressure regulator. Thanks to Galen for finding  me a Barry Grant fuel regulator repair kit .. It suck they went out of business .. I  have squared the jets up in the carb also .. Just need to get the starter on and zip tie everything in place ..  Not really in a hurry to finish it .. No water in the lakes that I like to go to for testing . ..

It has fresh Brad Penn 15-40( green oil ) in it now .. Breakin oil is out .. So it is almost time to go play .. Can't wait to see the difference the  extra 1/4 stroke makes for power ..
Keep us posted Billy I think you'll like the new mill ;)

73 Sanger Flat

Well Fed EX showed up yesterday . so now I have no excuses .. Need to pull the bellhousing and get the new starter on . I better do this one right and not just stick the starter on .I  better check the clearances on the new starter .. Then install the new Tach ..

galen

Let's go Billy. I'm getting older by the hour up here.  Do you have a place with enough water you can test?

73 Sanger Flat

Finally got the new starter on .. What a pain that was ..Had to install the shims between the starter and the mounting block and then shim the starter down to get the clearance that it called for . But is is done now .. Fire the boat and now I have a dam AN fitting leaking .. Of course it not one that I have a spare of .. Need a -8 AN double female ended fitting .. I hope Smiley's has on that I can pick up today on the way home .. That what sucks about living in a small town . No parts store carry this stuff .. Will buy two , keep one for a spare.. .. Might as well buy a case of Brad Penn oil while I am there .. s*** I need more money already

jimsplace

I know it's just another cliche', but it it's all too appropriate.
Definition of a boat  -  "It's a fiberglass hole in the water where you pour money."

KONA77

jimsplace said:
Definition of a boat  -  "It's a fiberglass hole in the water where you pour money."

correction...  definition of a boat....  a whole in the water that is surrounded by wood,  metal or fiberglass that you pour a ton of money into  :grin:

jimsplace

clap.gif clap.gif
KONA said:
jimsplace said:

correction...  definition of a boat....  a whole in the water that is surrounded by wood,  metal or fiberglass that you pour a ton of money into  :grin:

jump.gif  clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif  jump.gif