Best Way To Flip A Boat?

customtouch

Duanehydro said:
Gonna be rattle-can flat black? think.gif :smile16:

Yeah...................something like that!!!  :smile17:

DISTURBED said:
clap.gif

I'm glad to see this project on the front burner!!!!

Looking good!  Keep at it!

Thanks. Finally got a little time to spend on it. jump.gif

KONA77

after seeing that boat hanging on them come-a-longs,  looks like you could flip it with two come-a-longs on the transom,    :undecided:

customtouch

KONA said:
after seeing that boat hanging on them come-a-longs,  looks like you could flip it with two come-a-longs on the transom,    :undecided:

I have a plan and it does involve the come-a-longs but only one on each end.  :smile30:

customtouch

Well this is what I built to do the job. I will find out tomorrow how well it works.

P.S.  I am not really an engineer................but I did stay at a Holiday Express once!!!!!  :grin:

Attachments

• DSC_0452.JPG
    DSC_0452.JPG
    228.7 KB · Views: 75

Knotty Girl

customtouch said:
Well this is what I built to do the job. I will find out tomorrow how well it works.

P.S.  I am not really an engineer................but I did stay at a Holiday Express once!!!!!  :grin:

Awesome.  clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif

Devilman

good deal, glad you got it done with no additional fiberglass work involved. :grin: clap.gif

Interested to see the pics as well.  :smile17:

customtouch

Well here are the pics. I built the jig to fit in the same place as the turnbuckle brace and used the existing transom brace on the inside to distribute the load. I used an axle strap to hang it and a big cheater bar for leverage. It spun so easy that I had my helper spin it while I took pictures. Now on to stripping the bottom.  jump.gif

KONA77

clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif    now you need to patent your thingy majig  :grin:  and I get a percentage for naming it  :grin:

blazeracer

customtouch said:
Well here are the pics. I built the jig to fit in the same place as the turnbuckle brace and used the existing transom brace on the inside to distribute the load. I used an axle strap to hang it and a big cheater bar for leverage. It spun so easy that I had my helper spin it while I took pictures. Now on to stripping the bottom.  jump.gif

Seen one on Iboats where a guy did something similar with a jet. He used the intake to bolt in a pipe and flipped it just like to you did.