Best Way To Flip A Boat?

customtouch

Well I have gone about as far as I can prepping on the Tr2 without flipping it upside down to do the bottom. I have already built the dollie to line up with the stringers either way.  I plan to use the main beam of the shop with a couple of come-alongs to pick it up off the trailer but rotating it is creating a small challenge.I have lifted all kinds of boats before and that is pretty simple but I have yet to flip one. I have some ideas that I think will work but I am looking input and suggestions from  people that have already done it and what to look out for. So, how did you guys do it?

Crusader

Tom at JBP, used two forks lifts in one of his "flips"....I can't find the link that shows how he does it though.

Devilman

In the past I saw where Tom & Josh @ JBP came up some sort of "rotisserie" for lack of a better word. Having several people on hand and using a couple of engine hoists. The one I saw was a jet though. That made a plate to act as the rear lift/anchor point hat bolted over the hole where the pump come through the transom, so not sure if you could do something similar or not. Pics were on HB or maybe PB, I'll see if I can find 'em & put 'em up for ya.

Devilman

Crusader said:
Tom at JBP, used two forks lifts in one of his "flips"....I can't find the link that shows how he does it though.

Maybe thats what it was... Knew they used 2 of something. :grin:

customtouch

Devilman said:
In the past I saw where Tom & Josh @ JBP came up some sort of "rotisserie" for lack of a better word. Having several people on hand and using a couple of engine hoists. The one I saw was a jet though. That made a plate to act as the rear lift/anchor point hat bolted over the hole where the pump come through the transom, so not sure if you could do something similar or not. Pics were on HB or maybe PB, I'll see if I can find 'em & put 'em up for ya.

I haven't seen that but this just gave me an idea for a jig that will work!! Thanks!! I will post pictures later.

Knotty Girl

customtouch said:
Devilman said:

I haven't seen that but this just gave me an idea for a gig that will work!! Thanks!! I will post pictures later.

Are you saying you do not need me?

customtouch

DISTURBED said:
I would think that 6 people could easily flip your boat.  think.gif

The way I have it planned, me and one other helper should be able to safely flip it. At least it works out like that on paper!!!!! LOL!!!!

KONA77

customtouch said:
DISTURBED said:

The way I have it planned, me and one other helper should be able to safely flip it. At least it works out like that on paper!!!!! LOL!!!!

OH SNAP!  we got an engineer on the boards  :cheesy: :cheesy:

customtouch

KONA said:
customtouch said:
DISTURBED said:

OH SNAP!  we got an engineer on the boards  :cheesy: :cheesy:

LOL!!!  Yeah, I will take pictures of what I came up with............or the extra fiberglass repairs I created!!! :grin:

customtouch

Not ready to flip it yet, but I did get it put on the dolley so I can finish striping the sides of it. I hope to get that finished tonight, build the jig tomorrow, and flip it Wed. Going to try to get the trailer to the sandblasters at the end of the week. I know around here  that it didn't really happen unless there are pictures so.............here is proof!!  :grin:

Attachments

• DSC_0446.JPG
    DSC_0446.JPG
    283.9 KB · Views: 116