AV GAS

duanehydro

sturat said:
Duanehydro said:
That'll be a beer a piece..... :smile17:
No prob will pay my tab clear next weekend  :smile13:
1419313_4_6.gif

sturat

Yeah i hear ya in the Sanger i am going to use a 2 gallon tank of 114 for enrichment when on the button other wise 93

sturat

I went to the airport to get get gas and all is good :smile15: :smile15:
Once i figured out the pump and how to work it. I stood there for about 20 minutes trying to figure it out, and thanks to Brazos River Rat on the idea about the tail number :smile22: :smile22: it came in handy

73 Sanger Flat

sturat said:
Once i figured out the pump and how to work it. I stood there for about 20 minutes trying to figure it out, and thanks to Brazos River Rat on the idea about the tail number :smile22: :smile22: it came in handy

It took me a few minutes to figure it out also , I don;t really think it matters , just as long as you put some numbers and letters in it . One time  I put my TX number from the boat and it took it ..
Glad you got the fuel , it has gone up from 3.36 to over 4:00 dollar here in the last month ..

Carnivalride

Brazos River Rat said:
sturat said:

It took me a few minutes to figure it out also , I don;t really think it matters , just as long as you put some numbers and letters in it . One time  I put my TX number from the boat and it took it ..
Glad you got the fuel , it has gone up from 3.36 to over 4:00 dollar here in the last month ..

Did here to paid $4.14 with tax last week and 3 weeks before I gave like $3.45.  :undecided:

stangcorey

coolglastron said:
stangcorey said:
coolglastron said:
I just paid 3.60 a gallon.  It seems my little airport is a little behind the times.  :smile15:

Where is that at??

Robert R. Wells airport, Columbus, TX.

I stopped in at 66R (if that's the same airport)about a month ago on my way up to brenham to take a leak. This was only after failing to make it in a water bottle the week before while working. The old guy that manages the field is a nice guy. Wish I would have looked at fuel prices. If anyone lives down in Port Lavaca they are usually cheap as well.

Is it safe to run half and half on a stock engine or is not even really needed?

73 Sanger Flat

If you have a stock comprssion engine , AV gas is not going to help you.

You need higher compression to benefit from the Higher Octain that AV gas has in it , Higher octain gas is harder to burn  , that is when the higher compression come into play . Higher octain fuel has a longer burn that low octain gas .

That what I been told .. ..