AV GAS

sturat

Thanks but that is a good little haul to fill up the boat every weekend :huh:

I know there has to be a few places around my neck of the woods to get it.

Devilman

sturat said:

I think Tim runs it, may get up with him.

sturat

Devilman said:
sturat said:

I think Tim runs it, may get up with him.
I think he gets it out his way and that would be B.F.E for me. but i will get with him maybe he can stear me in the right direction

Disturbed

Most small airports now have pay-at-the-pump.  Regional airports like Beaumont, may not want to deal with you.  The best thing I would suggest is call the airport you would consider closest to you and talk to the airport manager and ask if they're willing to sell to you.  Most are.  :smile15:  If you have problems, let me know. 

sturat

coolglastron said:
Most small airports now have pay-at-the-pump.  Regional airports like Beaumont, may not want to deal with you.  The best thing I would suggest is call the airport you would consider closest to you and talk to the airport manager and ask if they're willing to sell to you.  Most are.  :smile15:  If you have problems, let me know.
Thanks for the advise Tim. I will call Clover Field in Pearland they are only about 15 minutes from the house

turboed-tx-20

If ya get desperate the Bay City airport sells it.If you use a credit card just pull up to the pump and fill your drum up.No need to talk to anyone.

sturat

turboed-tx-20 said:
If ya get desperate the Bay City airport sells it.If you use a credit card just pull up to the pump and fill your drum up.No need to talk to anyone.
Thanks will keep that in mind. Hoping to find a place close to home and just fill the boat up as needed but you know the saying wish in one hand and $hit in the other.........

Disturbed

turboed-tx-20 said:

Same way in Columbus.  :smile15:

I just got off the phone with a friend that owns a mechanic shop at Arcola.  He said that Clover is now Pearland regional.  I also asked him if it would be hard to get it at Arcola and he said they were pretty picky on how they dispensed it.  Still probably worth a phone call.

73 Sanger Flat

I wait for the airport to close and then go pay at the pump , some time the pump will ask for a tail number , just make one up or look around and use on that you can see.

Never had a problem yet ..  :smile13:

I never take the boat , I alway take jugs or the 55 gallon barrell with me .

sturat

Just got off the phone with Pearland Regional and they said just come on and pay at the pump bring the boat or cans no problem..  :smile19: :smile19: :smile19:
I should mix this with 93 pump correct?

sturat

Yeah i was thinking i needed to mix it with something to help with the lubrication or lack of with the avgas

73 Sanger Flat

I mix mine about 50/50 with 93 octaine .

But then again , I can just run 93 octain , I just like the little bit of higher octain for a safety factor , plus I like the way it smells

73 Sanger Flat

COONASS said:
Brazos River Rat said:
I wait for the airport to close and then go pay at the pump , some time the pump will ask for a tail number , just make one up or look around and use on that you can see.

Never had a problem yet ..  :smile13:

I never take the boat , I alway take jugs or the 55 gallon barrell with me .

freak'n outlaw  :smile13:

:smile15:

sturat

Brazos River Rat said:
I mix mine about 50/50 with 93 octaine .

But then again , I can just run 93 octain , I just like the little bit of higher octain for a safety factor , plus I like the way it smells
Yeah it runs on 93 i just wanted the saftey factor plus the smell also.

Disturbed

I run it straight and add Lucas upper cylinder lube at twice the recommended mix ratio.  I haven't had any problems.  :smile15:  seafoam works too.