Aluminum Cleaner ??

Drumzilla

Hey.. Is there anything over the counter you can buy to clean BBC Aluminum valve covers ? spray it on and wipe it off ? It's tough to keep them shinny....

Devilman

While I myself would not use it, may could use that spray-on aluminum wheel cleaner. It won't make them shine though, gotta polish them to for that. Thats where that elbow grease Mike is talkin about comes into play. :wink:

KONA77

Devilman said:
While I myself would not use it, may could use that spray-on aluminum wheel cleaner. It won't make them shine though, gotta polish them to for that. Thats where that elbow grease Mike is talkin about comes into play. :wink:

WHAT?...  you know there is a spay on wipe off for BBF valve covers...  it just makes the BBC valve covers dull and borring  :tongue:

Drumzilla

... I figured there was no easy way.. I'll just use Mothers and some elbow grease.. damn... might have to buy some cheap chrome ones..

KONA77

DrumZilla said:
... I figured there was no easy way.. I'll just use Mothers and some elbow grease.. damn... might have to buy some cheap chrome ones..

in all seriousness I would not use Mothers,    just saying

Disturbed

Mother's works well once you get the combination figured out on how much polish to use.  Too little, no worky.  Too much, no worky...

Devilman

KONA said:
WHAT?...  you know there is a spay on wipe off for BBF valve covers...  it just makes the BBC valve covers dull and borring  :tongue:

I didn't think they needed any spray, they stayed badazz looking all the time naturally. :wink: :grin:

Besides, my chits chrome. Aluminum valve covers? Ain't nobody got time for dat. :cheesy: Like I saw it posted here in the past: polishing aluminum is for suckas... lol

Drumzilla

My boat has some old chrome ones that can not be cleaned.. not even SOS pads help. so until I can buy something Don gave me a pretty descent set of aluminum covers but they need a little polishing. so if not Mothers then elbow grease and ??

KONA77

DrumZilla said:
My boat has some old chrome ones that can not be cleaned.. not even SOS pads help. so until I can buy something Don gave me a pretty descent set of aluminum covers but they need a little polishing. so if not Mothers then elbow grease and ??

you really need to use a good rubbing compound,  and a lot of elbow grease

Devilman

KONA said:
REALLY ?    think.gif :laugh: :laugh:

My valve covers are chrome.  :wink: :grin:

That other chit ain't on the mota yet, so it don't count. I know where you was goin, lol...

Crusader

I have two 11 year old boys who don't do much..... Maybe you can entice them to polish your aluminum. Lol.

Devilman

DrumZilla said:

I don't know why Roger don't like Mother's, but I have had good luck with it. Just takes a little time & how shiny you want them. If they are dirty/dusty/grungy, cleaning them well first will make the polishing a little easier.