All else being equal.....

Knotty Girl

DISTURBED said:
This isn't proving anything.  Equal HP and weight, the vdrive will win on both ends of the track.

Well stated.  clap.gif  In no way is this disrespecting a Jet. It just is what it is.  There are jet boats out there that are off the hook in HP , looks and cool factor.  I have to agree with Tim if you compare a pump to a prop, the scale is tipped.  I like them both.  :smile16:

jimsplace

If the race had been for a 1/4 mile, what do you suppose the results would have been?  Jet or V-Drive?
  think.gif

blazeracer

Equal weight and horsepower the vdrives win all day long, but I'm talking about a pair of 10 or 11 second E.T. boats. 1/4 mile or 1,000 feet, whatever. One's a jet, the other is a v-drive. They leave at the same time, give or take a couple hundredths, and they finish at the same time, give or take a couple of hundredths.

At the finish, the V-drive is always 15-20 mph faster than the jet, maybe more. Who is in the lead at half track?

If the v-drive is 20 faster and in the lead at half track, then they're both not 10 second boats.

Going thru my SDBA footage, there's not a whole lot of jet vs v-drives races. The few I have are the 6 second 1,000 ft and the v-drive is always faster at the finish. There's one where a jet runs a v-drive, MPH is 126 for the jet, 143 for the v-drive. Another 50 feet and the vdrive would have won, but hey, it's a 1,000 foot set-up. Not a 1,050 foot set-up. I think it's Horsepower Junkie's jet, could be wrong though. I'm pretty sure he runs the 1,000 Top Eliminator class.

blazeracer

Knotty said:
jimsplace said:
If the race had been for a 1/4 mile, what do you suppose the results would have been?  Jet or V-Drive?
  think.gif

You can see that Hydro was running him down.

That's my point. The v-drive are always running them down.

It's a 1,000 foot class, not 1,001 or 1,050, or 1,320... 1,000 foot.

Knotty Girl

blazeracer said:
Equal weight and horsepower the vdrives win all day long, but I'm talking about a pair of 10 or 11 second E.T. boats. 1/4 mile or 1,000 feet, whatever. One's a jet, the other is a v-drive. They leave at the same time, give or take a couple hundredths, and they finish at the same time, give or take a couple of hundredths.

At the finish, the V-drive is always 15-20 mph faster than the jet, maybe more. Who is in the lead at half track?

If the v-drive is 20 faster and in the lead at half track, then they're both not 10 second boats.

Going thru my SDBA footage, there's not a whole lot of jet vs v-drives races. The few I have are the 6 second 1,000 ft and the v-drive is always faster at the finish. There's one where a jet runs a v-drive, MPH is 126 for the jet, 143 for the v-drive. Another 50 feet and the vdrive would have won, but hey, it's a 1,000 foot set-up. Not a 1,050 foot set-up. I think it's Horsepower Junkie's jet, could be wrong though. I'm pretty sure he runs the 1,000 Top Eliminator class.

HPJ runs Top E at 1/4

The only class that is 1000' is QT and Fuel boats.

David's jet is as nasty as it gets IMO  clap.gif

jimsplace

Knotty said:
blazeracer said:

HPJ runs Top E at 1/4

The only class that is 1000' is QT and Fuel boats.

David's jet is as nasty as it gets IMO  clap.gif

And alcohol hydros and alcohol flats.

For those who don't know, the QE is a
6 second bracket class that runs 1000 ft.
  :smile17:

blazeracer

jimsplace said:
And alcohol hydros and alcohol flats.

For those who don't know, the QE is a
6 second bracket class that runs 1000 ft.
  :smile17:

OK, I know HPJ's boat is a TE cause I have it on vid, so it was QE that was running 1,000 ft at Waco. That's what had maybe two jets and a lot of v-drive hydros and flatties.

6 seconds in 1,000 feet? They're all way faster than I want to go. I'll just keep making videos.

Locking up shop and headed for Joe Pool.

HellinnFrnt

Knotty said:
Plus I will go out on a limb here and say Disturbed has a hole shot with is flat bottom that will make you piss your pants.  :smile26:

Holy Bat Guano Henry said go out on a limb !!!  :smile26: clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif :smile26: clap.gif