All else being equal.....

blazeracer

To debate the jet vs. v-drive one more time.... 

Two six second boats, one's a jet, the other's a v-drive. The jet will holeshot the v-drive, then the v-drive will run down the jet... all day long.

Coin toss as to who wins, but the jet is quicker and the v drive is faster.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8anNZjxWSQ

That's how 124 mph beats 147 mph.....

Knotty Girl

I am not going to argue, but that was one race.  As you notice the hydro did not fully hook up, sit down and hooked up again.  I have owned them both and my hydro has a pretty good hole shot.  Just say'n.  All depends on boat and driver.

Knotty Girl

Plus I will go out on a limb here and say Disturbed has a hole shot with is flat bottom that will make you piss your pants.  :smile26:

blazeracer

They were equal ET boats, and I would assume neither guy was an amateur. Had it been 2/100ths the other way the point would still be that the jet crossed the line 23 mph slower and they got there together.

Jets dig out of the hole quicker, v-drives run out the back faster. That's all.

I think the top fuel jet boat ran a pro mod with similar results that day ,except the win light. The jet was about 30 mph slower but they hit the finish line within a fraction of a tick of each other.

customtouch

blazeracer said:
customtouch said:
I am a little confused as to how a 6.14 beats a 6.12 regardless of speed.  think.gif

Holeshot on the tree...

Still confused unless he either red lighted or broke out. I have seen a faster speed lose but not a quicker time. Unless there is a spot, I still don't get it.

Knotty Girl

customtouch said:
blazeracer said:
customtouch said:
I am a little confused as to how a 6.14 beats a 6.12 regardless of speed.  think.gif

Holeshot on the tree...

Still confused unless he either red lighted or broke out. I have seen a faster speed lose but not a quicker time. Unless there is a spot, I still don't get it.

It was a break out.  You see him hit it, sit it down and hit it again.

customtouch

Knotty said:
customtouch said:
blazeracer said:
customtouch said:

Holeshot on the tree...

It was a break out.  You see him hit it, sit it down and hit it again.

Then the bottom line is.......the v-drive is faster and quicker period!!! End of debate!!! :grin:

blazeracer

No break out. It's really hard to tell in the vid, but this will get the idea. REACTION TIME. It factors in to the total ET. You guys really don't know this?

The reaction time on the jet was .016 and the reaction time on the v-drive was .042. The jet had a .034 advantage from the get go on the tree. The v-drive would have had to win at the line by more than .034 to win the race, but he only won by .02, not enough. The jet crossed the timing lights first. That's the driver right there.....

blazeracer

I'm pretty sure that v-drive has a two speed tranny, that why you see his spray get bigger, then the boat really starts moving. All the pro class hydro's were doing that.

They actually shift gears!!

Knotty Girl

blazeracer said:
I'm pretty sure that v-drive has a two speed tranny, that why you see his spray get bigger, then the boat really starts moving. All the pro class hydro's were doing that.

They actually shift gears!!

:smile16:

Crusader

blazeracer said:
Just making sure you're paying attention here moderator!

Lol.....just goofing off until Memorial day weekend starts up....not much else to do BUT read the boards. Lol.

Devilman

blazeracer said:
Cliff's boat has a tranny in it too, but that has nothing to do with the jet drive.. Hahaha

Figured that was gonna end up gettin some air time somewhere along the way.  :grin: :cheesy: