77 Hondo pantera resto

Bert88

So only thing I didn't like had a pretty good vibration normal drivin and minor acceleration. Wondering if Thats normal for v drives with 2 blade prop?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

73 Sanger Flat

That is pretty normal for a 2 blade prop .. You can put a 3 blade on it and it will smooth out some .. You might try another 2 blade prop if you have one you can borrow from some one to see if it is the same ..  Remember to go back and tighten everything again after the first couple of runs .. V-Drive will shake stuff loose ..

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Excellent man! Looks real good. My experience with V-drives is that they make lots of parts! Every time Lucky Draw makes a pass, I'm always asking what is this? But Tim and Henry know where they go so far! :smile17: Congrats on the splashing of your new ride! clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif

73 Sanger Flat

Patchman said:
Excellent man! Looks real good. My experience with V-drives is that they make lots of parts! Every time Lucky Draw makes a pass, I'm always asking what is this? But Tim and Henry know where they go so far! :smile17: Congrats on the splashing of your new ride! clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif
So true .. mine always makes some  3/8 stainless bolts .. Lock tight is your friend on V-Drives

Knotty Girl

Brazos River Rat ( Billy ) said:
That is pretty normal for a 2 blade prop .. You can put a 3 blade on it and it will smooth out some .. You might try another 2 blade prop if you have one you can borrow from some one to see if it is the same ..  Remember to go back and tighten everything again after the first couple of runs .. V-Drive will shake stuff loose ..

That is an understatement, my hydro come loose somewhere after every pass. But we do put a little more wear and tear then most per pass.  :smile16:

Disturbed

Patchman said:
So true .. mine always makes some  3/8 stainless bolts .. Lock tight is your friend on V-Drives

It's like sweeping the floor of a hardware store at closing time.

jimsplace

Pretty much what Billy said.
When you're on plane and 2,000 rpm or higher, you'll still feel something, but it should be pretty smooth and not what I would call objectionable.

You can always put more foam in the seats.  LOL

jimsplace

Knotty said:

That is an understatement, my hydro come loose somewhere after every pass. But we do put a little more wear and tear then most per pass.  :smile16:

You have to remember that with Henry's crew, they tend to be forgetful and keep tightening the same side, every time.  But, they're good people.
    :smile17: 

Knotty Girl

DISTURBED said:
Patchman said:

It's like sweeping the floor of a hardware store at closing time.

So true

Bert88

Alright thanks for all the info . Feel alott better bout it.! Pulled the casale box out tonight to fix a oil leak and think I'm gonna order a prop release for it ..

jimsplace

Bert88 said:
Alright thanks for all the info . Feel alott better bout it.! Pulled the casale box out tonight to fix a oil leak and think I'm gonna order a prop release for it ..

That's a very good idea, installing the prop release.  You appear to be making enough power that the prop release is no longer an option.
It really is a necessity for your safety and especially any passengers.

ChryslerJet

jimsplace said:
Bert88 said:

That's a very good idea, installing the prop release.  You appear to be making enough power that the prop release is no longer an option.
It really is a necessity for your safety and especially any passengers.
Is there a difference between a prop release and whirlaway?

Disturbed

Bert88 said:

JJ makes a prop release that is more affordable than getting the name brand Whirlaway.  He'll even install it for you for less money than you buying the Whirlaway and trying to do it yourself.  I was going to do mine myself too.  I talked to JJ and he suggested that I bring it to him.  I'm glad that I did.  There were some clearance issues that needed to be corrected.

My $.02

73 Sanger Flat

JJ's prop releases are nice .. I just take mine to him  so it is done correctly ..That is one part of the boat I want to be 100% correct , with it sitting so close to my right leg , I do not want this thing to come apart .. ..