3rd annual lake Whitney poker/fun run

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
FL350 said:
Lol good luck with that!
That's what I was thinking. Fortunately mine will probably be sleeping for most of the trip. Unless she is hungry! :smile20:

jimsplace

Patchman said:
Fortunately mine will probably be sleeping for most of the trip. Unless she is hungry! :smile20:

I hope your wife doesn't see this post.
It could be a long quiet ride.

:smile16:

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Man I can't wait for quitten time today! Ready to be headed northbound! hurry.gif hurry.gif hurry.gif hurry.gif hurry.gif hurry.gif

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
That's kind of my goal as well. But I'm usually not that lucky. If it does happen, I'll keep my eye out for you, since we are headed the same way! :smile17:

73 Sanger Flat

How did the Poker run go and who won all the money ??  I was thinking about you guys Saturday and wishing I was able to make it ..

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Poker run was awesome! I had a blow out at 7:00 p.m. just North of Hearne on our way North Friday. Fortunately Tractor Supply in College Station was open til 9:00. So I had to back track 40 miles and get a tire. :smile15: We rolled up to the lodge at midnight. Saturday was absolutely beautiful on the lake. All the stops were fairly easy to get in and out. Got to see parts of the lake that I have never seen before. We rafted up in the middle of the lake and that was a blast! We had one boat casualty, Mr Scott's Howard stuck a valve on the run. They limped it back and put it on the trailer. The cards were in my wife's favor Saturday! She took home $1200. She said it was her ( best day ever boating)!  jump.gif jump.gif jump.gif jump.gif

Saturday nite at the lodge was a blast as well! David & Rose had brought some pulled pork and fresh baked chocolate chip cookies ( Awesome)! clap.gif clap.gif

We met some new boat peeps out of the DFW area! They were gracious enough to let all of us hang out in their deluxe room! That's the most comfortable I have been at the Lodge! They haven't attended a low key event such as ours, and said they had a blast. I know it was true, because one of them texted my wife thank you again last nite. Hope to see them again in the future!

We lost another tire on the way home! Just outside of Waco, so good Ol Walmart got to change that one for me! Oh and my wife paid for it! :smile17: jump.gif jump.gif jump.gif

So all in all, it was an excellent weekend! Thank you too all you guys and gals who participated and help make the run happen. We can't wait till next year, and hopefully 2018 will be better for everyone and more of us can make the run. There is even talk of possibly two for next year! think.gif think.gif :smile17:

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Devilman said:
May have to go to FB to see how it turned out, nobody here seems to have made it. :smile28:
It just took me 30 minutes to type my book! :smile28: :smile28: :smile28:

Devilman

Patchman said:
It just took me 30 minutes to type my book! :smile28: :smile28: :smile28:

Haha, I hear ya. Sounds like it was a good time. The weather was certainly nice for it.