22 scarab paint job

John

Mike S said:
Well every time I refresh this thread, it's not giving me any updates! What's the hold up how's it coming?? Lol :smile30: jump.gif john you gonna name it?
How bout
"One bad B****" and use the stars there cool! And kid friendly lol  :smile27:

Not really big on naming boats. Looking good BTW David i cant wait. hurry.gif

gotta get that challenger out of the way so you can get cracking on yours to at least splash it at rocking the cove

John

yes hopefully, paint should be done soon and then its back to have the hatch put back on and rub rail and one or two other minor things, im nervous about  getting the upholstery done in time.

Devilman

Keep my fingers crossed for ya, but you don't want them rushing it. Just run it without the hatch, or you getting the interior upholstery done too... :grin:

customtouch

Devilman said:
By the pics so far, it looks like its gonna be wild, can't wait to see it. August perhaps?

I wouldn't consider this one as being "wild"............... However it will be a long ways from being boring!!! :smile30:

customtouch

Faded a red into the dark orange on the back and sprayed a crap load of gold pearl on the boat. Painted on the Scaraa  logo  :grin:, air brushed the drop shadow under the graphics to give it a 3-D look, and painted my logo on the back so I am done with putting color on it. I have lots of lines to shave along with plenty of detailing to do before it is ready for clear so I guess that will be all with the pictures until it is done.      Oh ya............... It does look pretty good un-masked too!!! :smile30:

John

customtouch said:
Faded a red into the dark orange on the back and sprayed a crap load of gold pearl on the boat. Painted on the Scaraa  logo  :grin:, air brushed the drop shadow under the graphics to give it a 3-D look, and painted my logo on the back so I am done with putting color on it. I have lots of lines to shave along with plenty of detailing to do before it is ready for clear so I guess that will be all with the pictures until it is done.      Oh ya............... It does look pretty good un-masked too!!! :smile30:

Done with pics for y'all, David keep texting them to me .... Please :smile16:

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Looks pretty good for a guy with a couple of rattle cans! :smile28: John will be too scared to put it in the water now! :smile28:

Patchman said:
Looks pretty good for a guy with a couple of rattle cans! :smile28: John will be too scared to put it in the water now! :smile28:

So or you saying we now have another trailer queen in the group!! crazy.gif :smile16:

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
That's exactly what I'm saying! Shoot I want to be the first to beech next to it! Maybe some of that look will rub off on mine! :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Devilman

damn, just thinkin about it, woulda been cool to get up there with a couple of Sharpies before the work began. :grin:

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Devilman said:
damn, just thinkin about it, woulda been cool to get up there with a couple of Sharpies before the work began. :grin:
:smile26: Maybe some chickens and maybe some :smile23:! :smile28:

John

Devilman said:
Patchman said:
:smile26: Maybe some chickens and maybe some :smile23:! :smile28:

lol, you got it.... clap.gif :smile16:

you two and i are the only people on here regularly that know what the hell yall are talking about, every one else just thing yall are back to playing grab A$$ again  :smile29:

Devilman

guess you could pass it along to David, maybe he can get a photo op for the masses. :cheesy:

so is everything being done with it on the trailer or is it coming off for work to be done underneath?

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
The bottom is where he's putting the chicken stick graphics! They will be ghosted in so only a few will see them! :smile30:

John

Devilman said:
guess you could pass it along to David, maybe he can get a photo op for the masses. :cheesy:

so is everything being done with it on the trailer or is it coming off for work to be done underneath?

the good thing about tuna barges is you dont have to paint the bottom, every ting is being done on the old trailer, so over spray is not a issue, i hope bert still wants it when im done with it in a few weeks.

customtouch

Ok..............Here's a sneak peek so everyone knows what to look for. Didn't want John to slip by without being noticed!!! :grin: