1977 Youngblood tx19 project

FormulaZR

spd500 said:
It also will need body work and new paint . There is no limit on horsepower for a hull , unless it's an outboard . That is more of a weight restriction than a HP restriction though . Mine has a stamp that says 330 hp on it , but I am putting a 500 hp BBC in it .

Oh...well...thanks for the clarification.

duanehydro

hehe...my boat tag claims 400 lbs passengers, and 450 lbs total....2 grown men (bigger than me) can overload the boat..... :smile17:

spd500

Duanehydro said:
hehe...my boat tag claims 400 lbs passengers, and 450 lbs total....2 grown men (bigger than me) can overload the boat..... :smile17:

The weight ratings on hulls is kinda hard to go by also , none of us really know for sure how our boats were rigged when new . I am fairly sure mine was a stock 454 , but have seen lots of the same hull as mine with engine covers and water log exhaust . There are no signs of holes where the logs would have been if mine ever was rigged with an engine cover . Either way the rating would be the same even though the logs and engine cover are so much added weight over just a pair of OT headers .

TintMan

STILL FOR SALE
Todays Special...Hull, tandem trailer,pump, and harwood scoop...
$1500
That's cheaper than Wal'mart...almost FREE!!!!
Last time for me to bump-if it gets cheaper-I'll buy it back myself! :smile13:
Keep in mind...this boat needs everything... :smile17:

NotImportant-1

TintMan said:
Dolemite said:
can you post some more pics? where is the boat at?
The boat is in Henderson ,Texas. He just sent that one pic,but i think i have a few more on my home computer...i'll post them tonite.I actually started stripping the boat down-then i bought the one i'm working on now.  :smile15:

TintMan said:
I think 1800 is firm ...at the moment-he first told me to list it at 2000. It comes with basically what you see-tandem trailer, hull, and pump. I actually stripped the boat 2 years ago and was gonna build it.it has rails-but no plates.I had all the old rigging but dumpstered it awhile back. I have a few more pics of it when i bought it from Gary-but none that are recent.The stringers ,bulkhead, seat pads and gunnels are very solid-tanks are still glassed in. With that being said-it needs EVERYTHING, but is a cheap start to a good boat. :smile17:

:smile29:

TintMan

Robert said:
where is the boat located at?,any rotten wood?more pics?
It belongs to a friend named Marty Bowden-his # is 903-722-3234 or 903-646-6750.  :smile17: He may can text you more pics.  THANKS ESABATAJ!

TintMan

you'll just have to keep tryin or send a text-he rides a train at a coal mine-he's hard to get ahold of! I havent seen or heard from him in a month or so. He wants to sell it but 1500 is bottom dolla. He said it can rot before he'll go any cheaper. Heres how it looked when i got it-i sold it to him for 2600. The main problem is the blue gel has cracked thru the white. It all needs to come off. He has put a decent tandem trailer under it and i still have the pump-it goes with it-he just never picked it up from my shop. He lost interest quick. I started grinding it down and i said f this and bought the one i'm finishing now! The boat was SOLID. I havent seen it in a year so...
garage010.jpg

garage017-1.jpg

garage016.jpg