1973 CV19

InOverMyHead

Ok since everyone picks on CJ for his ongoing projects I figured I'd add one for ya'll. Project "InOverMyHead." Picked it up a few months ago for next to nothing. The guy was moving and just wanted it gone. Unfortunateley he robbed the original 455 for another boat and then half a$$ started to tear out the floor and stringers. It does have the complete interior that will be used for the time being. I will have to put new wood on a few of the seat bottoms and under the enging cover pad. He also gave me 5 gallons of epoxy resin ad hardner as well as 10yds of mat.

So that leads me to where I am now. Last week I picked up a 455 pack a jet with bell housing and manifolds etc. Still have a bunch of parts to track down. I am still on the fence about tackling the stringers and floor myself.

d6tqdqmY21VvZkT9CL_7A5mor5SroLhYaAijNMEe-1M=w276-h207-p-no

20130718_181403.jpg

20130726_200756.jpg

packajet+engine.jpg

InOverMyHead

Knotty said:
The main thing is it looks like you have an awesome helper.  clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif

Yes he loves to be outside working on whatever I'm doing. At 4 years old he has already taken claim to my 53 F100 lol. I embrace it and quit hiding my tools from him...hes gotta learn like I did.

My next plan now that the weather is getting more tolerable is to cut out the front bulkhead and remove the gas tank to clean the area up. Once I do that I can start making full length templates for the stringers.

20130718_181335.jpg

Devilman

Got a foundation for a great project. Keep us updated on the progress. Your little guy looks ready to get after it already, thats too cool.  :grin:

InOverMyHead

Patchman said:
53 F100 now you are talking! :smile16:

Its in worse shape then the boat lol... well not really-but down to the cab and frame in the garage. Been in the family 40 years and never ran the whole time. Rust free though. Thats a project for when the little man gets a little bigger and my wallet gets a little fatter.

InOverMyHead

Here is a glimpse of the interior. The diamond pattern is not original but the vinyl is period correct.

20130719_115411.jpg

Some of the fiberglass supplies

20130718_181447.jpg

InOverMyHead

Devilman said:
Dig the diamond stitch pattern, you gonna keep it?

I am gonna stick with it for now. The rear seats are faded a bit but I just need to replace some of the wood here and there to get me by. I was joking with the wife about painting the boat a nice flakey grey and redoing the interior and naming the boat "50 shades of..." She laughed and I think thats the most interest she has shown in the project so far.

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
InOverMyHead said:
Devilman said:
Dig the diamond stitch pattern, you gonna keep it?

I am gonna stick with it for now. The rear seats are faded a bit but I just need to replace some of the wood here and there to get me by. I was joking with the wife about painting the boat a nice flakey grey and redoing the interior and naming the boat "50 shades of..." She laughed and I think thats the most interest she has shown in the project so far.
You should fit in here just fine! clap.gif :smile16:

Devilman

InOverMyHead said:

Cool, I'd get as much use out of it as I could, help keep costs down for the time being. It'll look good in there. Thats funny about the wife, lol... Mine wasn't terribly impressed with the boat either upon first sight, but once we took it out she has had a blast with it ever since, she even drives it now & then. :grin:

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Devilman said:
InOverMyHead said:

Cool, I'd get as much use out of it as I could, help keep costs down for the time being. It'll look good in there. Thats funny about the wife, lol... Mine wasn't terribly impressed with the boat either upon first sight, but once we took it out she has had a blast with it ever since, she even drives it now & then. :grin:
She goes faster than Dman does! :smile30: :evil:

InOverMyHead

My wife and son love the lake and love boating she just doesnt like the financial commitment of this one. We spend most of our summers on Texoma on my cousins pontoon. We are both done boating on someone elses timeline. I just have to balance the honey doo's and let her shop occasionally and we should be good. I'm sure everyone knows how that goes.

Devilman

Patchman said:

Ya I know. Maybe she'll blow it up & I'll have to "fix" it. :wink: :grin: Just wait till she gets Eva behind the wheel out on the water, we'll see who is laughing, lol...  :cheesy:

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Devilman said:
Patchman said:

Ya I know. Maybe she'll blow it up & I'll have to "fix" it. :wink: :grin: Just wait till she gets Eva behind the wheel out on the water, we'll see who is laughing, lol...  :cheesy:
Never happen man! :smile30:

Crusader

I have a feeling this project will be complete before a CJ and Carlson......I don't know how I know, just a hunch I reckon. Lol.

InOverMyHead

Crusader said:
I have a feeling this project will be complete before a CJ and Carlson......I don't know how I know, just a hunch I reckon. Lol.

I know by looking at the pictures my goal to have it on the water next spring/summer may seem ambitious lol.  :smile30: