1970 Sanger Shovelnose

pro53

Well I never lost my v drive desire  :grin: Put money down, got my clear Texas title in my hand, will dragging this ruff as# sanger Shovelnose home this weekend. Would have did it then, but It needs all new tires. Been sitting since the late 80's. Has a froze up 396 stock in it. Complete boat, minus seats. Transom is actually good and the stringers feel good, the floor is gone though. Will know more next week some time. Anyway At least I'm saving it from the pasture.I even have a video of the guy racing it in Beaumont in 1988, in the video he runs a whopping 56 mph  :smile29: Want go that slow when I finish it :grin:

Attachments

• photo 3 (3).JPG
    photo 3 (3).JPG
    406.6 KB · Views: 169

Disturbed

:smile26: :smile26: :smile26: :smile26:

That looks pretty rough!  I'm with Knotty though.  Whenever, you get done with it, it'll be off the chain!!!!

When's the skulls and chickens going on ? 

Devilman

Man you weren't lying, that thing is crusty.... You'll have fun with it, though. I'll bring a fresh pack of Sharpies for it when we come up there again. :grin:

Disturbed

Devilman said:
Man you weren't lying, that thing is crusty.... You'll have fun with it, though. I'll bring a fresh pack of Sharpies for it when we come up there again. :grin:

LMAO!

Here enters the chickens! 

pro53

Devilman said:

Yep bring the sharpies, something new to draw on  :grin:

pro53

DISTURBED said:
Devilman said:

LMAO!

Here enters the chickens!

No chicken or Banjo's  :rolleyes:

pro53

Patchman said:
The man is hooked! Well at least it's a boat this time. :smile17:
Yep  :grin:  I told Heather I was pulling the 521 out the Jet boat to put in the hydro, It was a no go, she saild leave the boat alone its running for once  :smile24: build your own motor  whatever.gif

Carnivalride

pro53 said:
Patchman said:
Yep  :grin:  I told Heather I was pulling the 521 out the Jet boat to put in the hydro, It was a no go, she saild leave the boat alone its running for once  :smile24: build your own motor  whatever.gif

LMAO, sounds like that idea was met with a "veto" from your boss.  :smile26: crazy.gif

ChryslerJet

pro53 said:
Patchman said:
No talk of budget sounds like a blank check to build a big bad motor for this one

Devilman

If that is the case, wonder if there are gears available that would let a Briggs & Stratton propel the boat efficiently. :huh: :laugh:

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Devilman said:
If that is the case, wonder if there are gears available that would let a Briggs & Stratton propel the boat efficiently. :huh: :laugh:
I'm sure Nick has something laying around he could spare. :smile17: