100,000 mile tune-up

73 Sanger Flat

I am also one that does not do all of this stuff .. My work car is a Toyota and had 282,000 and has no dealer maintenance done to it . I do the oil changes, and regular maintenance on it  .. I changed the serpentine belt , battery and front brakes so far .. It will use about 1/4 qt oil in between oil changes ..
I think it just a way for dealer to make extra money on a lot of the regular maintenance that they want you to do .. I personally don't think you need to do a lot of it ..

Knotty Girl

I got lazy last week and sent my truck to the Ford dealership for an oil change because I got a coupon in the mail.  There is not enough room to write about the experience on here.  I will say this I will never set foot on their property again.  I have not been that angry in a long time.  They should be ashamed ripping off customers like that.  :smile15: :smile15: :smile15:

jdeaton

Well I decided to let our local mechanic do the 100,000 mile service.  He agrees with most of you about changing and flushing different components.  Some he will, some he wont. I'm happy and he can send his son to college for another semester. :smile26:

Knotty Girl

DiamondJim said:
Well I decided to let our local mechanic do the 100,000 mile service.  He agrees with most of you about changing and flushing different components.  Some he will, some he wont. I'm happy and he can send his son to college for another semester. :smile26:

That sounds much better.  clap.gif

jdeaton

And Yes Henry, we have faced the same challenges working with our local Ford dealer. But we finally found a service representative that actually had our better interest at heart, and he advises us to take our work to other mechanics, because their rates are so high.