progress on Tossin' and Turnin'

just posting some updates ! Want to send a big "Thanks" out to JJ for dropping everything to rebuild my splitcase the same day I showed up!

73 Sanger Flat

Looking Good Jerry .. Can't wait to see it on the water .. I would have to agree that JJ is a pretty good guy .. I need to get out to see him soon ..

I still have to build the front bench seat and cut some trim, mount the fuel tank, buy and install: starter, fuel pump, gauges, wire and plumb everything. The motor is a .030 over 427 w/ steel crank, aluminum heads and a solid cam. The v-drive is a Casale splitcase w/1:15 gears in it. I'll be running a steel 2 blade prop 11 1/2 X 15 to start with ! I have to go back to work on the 18th of Feb. so progress will stop for awhile. :smile13:

jerjrvette said:
I still have to build the front bench seat and cut some trim, mount the fuel tank, buy and install: starter, fuel pump, gauges, wire and plumb everything. The motor is a .030 over 427 w/ steel crank, aluminum heads and a solid cam. The v-drive is a Casale splitcase w/1:15 gears in it. I'll be running a steel 2 blade prop 11 1/2 X 15 to start with ! I have to go back to work on the 18th of Feb. so progress will stop for awhile. :smile13:

I was hoping you was going to say something about a motor because the one in the photo want last long with 4 valve covers, no head bolts, no water pump bolts, etc! And a new style of fuel inj. Lol  :smile30: JK! The boat looks good! clap.gif You know with all these new v-drives coming out kinda makes me miss my flat! :smile18: clap.gif

Oh I see them now it almost looks like valve covers stacked on top of one another! I'm going to have to get me some when I install my new rocker arms on my boat!

I found the valve cover spacers on e-bay. They were available in bright, natural, black, red and blue if I remember correctly,from autonets. Jerry

Trailer is ready and waiting with new axles, hubs, lights, wiring and paint. That's the disco that I traded for the El Camino!

Attachments

• Trailer Pic.jpg
    Trailer Pic.jpg
    901.1 KB · Views: 238