Enforcer Project renamed, Junk Yard Dog.

Crusader

Knotty Girl said:
clap.gif  Here we go again  clap.gif

Lol....yep!

This one is a clean slate....he can go Olds, Chebby or Ford and it all depends on whats available and low cost. I'm looking forward to seeing this project progress.

Devilman

Black had one of those for a little while. Sold it to Nick's(Sleek460) nephew I believe? Not sure if he had it shipped across the pond or not though.

Boats got nice lines, $400 bux is a steal. Lookin forward to the progress.

Crusader

Last Mohican said:
Haven't ya'll been paying attention?  Pretty sure this will one will end up with an LS motor.  :smile30:

Think he can build and LS motor'd jet boat for a total investment of less than $2K? This is a Budget Build resto.....

The trailer alone is worth $400...... you stole this boat James. 

Last Mohecian

Administrator
Crusader said:
Last Mohican said:
Haven't ya'll been paying attention?  Pretty sure this will one will end up with an LS motor.  :smile30:

Think he can build and LS motor'd jet boat for a total investment of less than $2K? This is a Budget Build resto.....

The trailer alone is worth $400...... you stole this boat James.

Easily.

This guy did his LS conversion and actually made $40 on it.  Granted he had SBC parts to sell and James doesn't but when you can pick up a running complete LS motor for $500 - $600 it will be the cheapest route he can go.

James this thread has some great info on a budget LS conversion.  I say budget because he did a lot of the work himself.  The conversion in top notch though.  The LS conversion starts on midway down on page 9.
http://www.socaljetboats.com/boat-showcase/my-first-jet-69-schiada/200/

FormulaZR will be a good source for you too.
http://www.texashotboats.com/forums/index.php?topic=12336.0

As for motor plates rear is no issue, same as any other Chevy out there so that is easy to find.  Front can be made from aluminum flat stock pretty easily.  Refer to sandego's thread.  Carbed intake and MSD 6LS.  Done.  Sell the injection stuff to help cover the carbed intake.  The big ticket items will be headers and PTO button.  Again refer to sandego's thread.  The headers can be done cheap if you know (or own) a tig welder.

Gold Member

It will be hard to build it for 2k with it needing interior. If he gets all that ford stuff that diamondjim is selling all he will need is a short block to re ring and bearing. An LS motor makes a lot of HP for its size but its still too small of a motor to have a lot of torque in the rpm range you need it to have it for a jet unless its super light.

Crusader

The boat that was featured in one of the links that Matt posted had a carbuorated LS motor in it and that sucker ran 78.3 mph on the GPS. Of course I think the boat was 16 feet long though.

It seems like there would be a lot of fabrication work required to allow it to fit and also perform properly. There's no doubt in my mind that James can do it though.

Gold Member

I'm not saying it can't be done or James can't do it but he is not going to run 78mph only putting 2k in the boat without power adders. Now if he puts his bbf that's in his cruiser in there it may be a different story!

blazeracer

TintMan said:
I had a friend with that same hull...what pump is it set up for?

It's got a Berkeley 12JC in it that spins freely with no odd noises and has no front to back movement. If I hold off a couple of months I can go for a 3k build with an LSX. Headers for that motor will be the hard part. You still have those headers that were cut up Matt?

blazeracer

Motor Head said:
I'm not saying it can't be done or James can't do it but he is not going to run 78mph only putting 2k in the boat without power adders. Now if he puts his bbf that's in his cruiser in there it may be a different story!

I have a complete and in the box nitrous set up standing by for single carb.... The motor in the Glastron is a serious consideration. That motor in that hull on laughing gas! DUDE!!!!!

BUT.. There's no way that motor is coming out before Thankgiving... It's done for the summer..

Gold Member

Time to teach the wife how to drive the glastron James! Once you start hot rodding around in that lighter Quicker hull you will want to take it every time you go to the lake!

Crusader

Bobby. You're right. I kept the whaler thinking I'd still use it every weekend. I've used it three times in 2011. Lol.

blazeracer

Well, a lot of blood, sweat, tears, and high end parts went into the Glastron so it's the keeper. Wife agreed to this project if I don't keep it. So probably the plates and headers from Diamond Jim on a stock 460 with a mid range cam will get er on the water the cheapest. Then we'll see.