Steering System??

txliberator

I need a new steering system for the lib, the "helm" (part that bolts in the dash) is smoked as well as the cable. It was a rack system. I need to know what steering kits you guys have used successfully. It has the transom thru mount for the cable if that matters. TIA

spd500

You can get a complete rack system with the helm and cable assembly from teleflex.  There are some links to a few different ones somewhere in the project x thread.

jroberts88

I have gotten all my electronics from them and they got good pricing ... actually I am about to place another order... if you got any questions please ask. I just put.mine in and it was everything from the dash to the cable

Last Mohecian

Administrator
Just FYI, You will probably need to install it upside down from the instructions.  Meaning the rack will go below the pinion instead of on top.  Otherwise left will be right and right will be left.  This is because most jet boats have the helm opposite what other boats do.

blazeracer

txliberator said:
Thanks guys, I'll post pic when I get it installed.

Make sure you do like Matt said. I was just goofing cause I did mine backwards not knowing that was even possible. Found out once it was on the water that time we all went to Tawakoni and the water was hot as all get up.

jroberts88

you wanna know something funny i never have even looked to see if right is right and left is left.. hmm i better check that... LMAO

Devilman

Tom @ Jet Boat Performance is where I got mine awhile back. He should be able to fix you up. Good people to deal with. :cool:

blazeracer

I drove to West Marine in Lewisville and walked out with mine in my hand. I wanna say it was like $130 or something around that.