Rocker arm question

customtouch

I have a bone stock Target Master 350 (with the exception of aluminum intake and Holley) in my little Glastron and from the research I have done so far the cam has a 383/401 lift and 194/202 duration cam in it which is pretty pitiful but I am not going back to change it now. My question is would changing the rocker arms to a 1.6 ratio give me a noticeable increase in power or is it worth the hassle? I can get a set of them new for about $60-$120 so it would be a cheap upgrade if there would actually be a performance boost. What should I expect from the change if I did do it?

ChryslerJet

By my calculations the change would give you 408/427 lift.  I can't remember how to recalculation the duration but it typically doesnt change as much as the lift if I remember correctly.more lift through out the entire range of motion of the valve means more air flow always means more power.  Now if you are going with roller tips they may help even more with less friction on the valve freeing up a little more HP.

73 Sanger Flat

If you do change , make sure you have enough clearance for the push-rods to heads .. I do not think it would be worth it with 8:1 compression .. 

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Brazos River Rat ( Billy ) said:
If you do change , make sure you have enough clearance for the push-rods to heads .. I do not think it would be worth it with 8:1 compression ..
I think Billy is probably right! Let it hold you over until the other boat is ready! Then you can rip it back out and make it a 406 stroker! :smile16: :smile16: :smile16:

customtouch

DISTURBED said:
think.gif

That's blower compression!!!    :evil: :evil: :evil:

In the all cast format and with the exacting machine specs put into one of these crate motors, it would probably be "blown-up" compression soon after I put one of those on!!! :grin:

customtouch

Patchman said:
Brazos River Rat ( Billy ) said:
I think Billy is probably right! Let it hold you over until the other boat is ready! Then you can rip it back out and make it a 406 stroker! :smile16: :smile16: :smile16:

Yea, if you refer back to post #131 in the Black Friday Shopping thread that was what I said my intention was, but if I can make a noticeable difference as simple and cheap as just changing rocker arms I would. I just wasn't sure if it would even help.