New day cruiser project

Last Mohecian

Administrator
blazeracer said:
I towed a guy about 2 miles one night with my Glastron, so if Cliff's gone, I can pull you in. But I'm sure it won't be needed since you're pretty much on top of everything.

We may have two car loads of people coming again, so we'll probably be launching from Pebble Beach around 1 and I'll have to make two trips... Wait, your day cruiser can haul like 50 people, right?? LOL  Just kidding..

Maybe I'll call her "The Bus"  LOL.  I really don't expect any issues.  We are going to launch at Pebble Beach so we will be close to the ramp.  Hopefully it is not as windy as yesterday.

blazeracer

It looks nice outside so far. I'm fixing to head up to the car wash and vacuum out my interior. It's got about a month worth of pebbles from pebble beach in it now.. LOL

Last Mohecian

Administrator
She floats!!!!!    :smile16:

Vids to follow.  May be tomorrow before I get them uploaded.  Only issue was a very small drip through the steering cable.  Not even enough to warrant turning on the bilge pump.

Devilman

Sweet!! Even with no interior in it, that is one helluva transformation from just a short time ago when you got it.  :smile17: Diggin this thread fo sho! :smile16:

Last Mohecian

Administrator
Here is a vid from yesterday.  It is in HD.  The quality will improve once YouTube finishes processing it.  I'm going to try to get some more pics and maybe a vid of the interior today.  The wife got the cabin pretty well cleaned up and I put some temporary carpet in it before we went to the lake yesterday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmfaVqcYY3w

Last Mohecian

Administrator
Thanks Guys.  Progress will slow down dramatically now.  It's just too freakin hot around here.  Now that I know it is mechanically sound we are going to enjoy taking it to the lake as is for the rest of the season.  Interior and detailing it inside and out will be good winter projects.

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Glad to see you got it back in the water! Another cool old boat has been saved! :smile27:

KONA77

nothing like getting a project and putting some TLC to it,  and giving new life... two thumbs up to you  :smile27:

Wakemaker

Great video, glad to see that it's alive.  Now for the interior, if it was me I'd start with the refrigerator!  :smile26:

hillbilly68

Last Mohican said:
Thanks Guys.  Progress will slow down dramatically now.  It's just too freakin hot around here.  Now that I know it is mechanically sound we are going to enjoy taking it to the lake as is for the rest of the season.  Interior and detailing it inside and out will be good winter projects.

your sleek craft is going to get jelous, you'd better show her some love and at least kiss on her a little  :kiss:

Last Mohecian

Administrator
Some interior pics after the first round of deep cleaning.  Oh yeah, The radio works.  Turned it on tonight just for a goof and it was tuned to a station playing some Barry White.  It was classic.  We were cracking up.

H

high_seas_blowboater

dude thats fly what is it! cabin cruiser jet boat? :smile28:

neverenuf

The Great Barry White!  The 70's will never be the same without you!

220px-Barry_White_1991.jpg

hillbilly68

Last Mohican said:
Some interior pics after the first round of deep cleaning.  Oh yeah, The radio works.  Turned it on tonight just for a goof and it was tuned to a station playing some Barry White.  It was classic.  We were cracking up.

i thought this was going to be a winter project matt??? just because the temp outside dropped 2 degrees dont classify it as winter  :grin:... good job brotha its a lookin good, hell your going to have it done in no time the way your going