Motor serial numbers

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Those will work but what they are asking for are really intended for outboards! :smile27:

73 Sanger Flat

you can find a lot of info from Mortec . Try this link . My work computer is blocking me from getting into it , but i think the link is correct . It shows casting number location and lot of info .

I thought the seriel number was on the front engine pad under the heads in the front .. isn't that where it is on a small b lock chevy ?

http://www.mortec.com/cgi-sys/suspendedpage.cgi

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Yes some are there. They don't identify v-8 like they do outboards. Outboards have specific vin # to each motor!

Devilman

TahitiRat said:
Are those the Numders they want when reg the boat and motor
Like Patch sez, I know that on a wakker powered boat, you'd have a title for boat & motor seperately, & thats the serial number they are askin for. But ya know, now you got me thinkin cuz it seems like I did have an engine serial number on my paperwork. May have not been needed though.

You makin the Tahiti an official Texas boat now or what? :cool: :cheesy:

TahitiRat

Ya the NM reg. expired 09 so I have to I finley talked to someone there that knew what there where talking about and they said to use th casting #. The idot I talked to before swore that even a car motor had S/N dumb asses. Also think its time to take the mailbox #s off and get some nicer lookin #s

Devilman

Cool, I got ya. Yeah, its been too long, I'd have to go back & look to see whats on there.

Since you gettin it transferred to Texas registration, wonder will you keep the same numbers & just drop the NM for a TX or get a whole new number?

You gonna paint them on or go vinyl?

SlowRyd

Brazos River Rat said:
you can find a lot of info from Mortec . Try this link . My work computer is blocking me from getting into it , but i think the link is correct . It shows casting number location and lot of info .

I thought the seriel number was on the front engine pad under the heads in the front .. isn't that where it is on a small b lock chevy ?

http://www.mortec.com/cgi-sys/suspendedpage.cgi
You are correct I tempoarily forgot that GM did stamp a number on the p side front on the deck but typically those numbers are remove when an engine gets rebuilt after the factory and decked square

sturat

they will ask you for the motor SN# also in Texas. Use the one off your NM title and you will be ok.

TahitiRat

I cant use the one from NM they want a rub of the SN so I have to do an afdavid (sp?) for the motor swap pain in the ass 

KONA77

they asked for the serial number for the motor on my boat as well, i told them this is an inboard and the car motors don't have serial numbers on them,  they said oh and registered the boat,  that's all i know

note my title has and outdrive serial # on the title,  specific for inboard boats only

TintMan

when my boat was registered-i said it doesnt have a motor..yet. She said  :smile13: I said :smile17:..done deal.