liberator 21 repaint

liberator21

unraped.i got a little sanding and buffing to do and then i will do the back of the boat.then i can start cleaning up the inside and paint the motor.then i can fit new headers and order some new rocker covers and replumb the water 

liberator21

:smile21:WELL STARTED ON THE BACK OF THE BOAT AND HAD TO CUT HAFT OF THE TRANSUN OUT FROM ROT.ITS PATCHED UP AND PUT BACK TOGEATHER.HAVE SOME GLASSING TO BO.JUST DELAYED THE PROJECT A FEW WEEKS..DOSE IT EVER END....I GUESS WHEN YOU SELL IT HUH

hotbo

looks really good. that is alot of work as we do bodywork for a living also,good luck and once again nice job  :smile15:

liberator21

I HOPE YOU LIKE THE BODYSHOP BUSINESS BETTER THEN ME.I SICK OF IT AND THE INSURENCE CO.I HAVE TO RUN EVERY ADJUSTER OUT OF MY SHOP OR THEY WILL HAVE TO PICK THEN SELF UP OFF THE FLOOR AND GO BACK AND TELL THERE BOSS THEY DONT NO HOW TO WRITE AN ESTIMATE    HUH

hotbo

liberator21 said:
I HOPE YOU LIKE THE BODYSHOP BUSINESS BETTER THEN ME.I SICK OF IT AND THE INSURENCE CO.I HAVE TO RUN EVERY ADJUSTER OUT OF MY SHOP OR THEY WILL HAVE TO PICK THEN SELF UP OFF THE FLOOR AND GO BACK AND TELL THERE BOSS THEY DONT NO HOW TO WRITE AN ESTIMATE    HUH

my ole mans been in the business for 40 plus years and ive been out here with him for 15 years.every year the ins. companies get worse. :smile18: but i love it and we stay plenty busy for a small shop,so all in all it has its ups and downs. :smile12:

hang in there and at least finish the boat,lol!!!looks good in the pics that is alot of work no matter what anyone thinks or says,i always go blind after laying out designs, gets on my nerves :smile23:later travis 

liberator21

IVE BEEN doing it for 30 yrs.it would be different if i owned the shop.dealers have a way to drive you nuts and wont to work you to death

liberator21

its been a long day but i finally got the wood replaced in the back, glassed back up and painted it saturday.....all day and nite.going to take it to liberator next and have it rewired.maybe i can talk them into putting it a a dolly and i can get my trailer redone in the process

Sweet Addiction

I bet he may do the dolly for you so you can paint your trailer.  My brother says he is a pretty cool guy.

liberator21 said:
its been a long day but i finally got the wood replaced in the back, glassed back up and painted it saturday.....all day and nite.going to take it to liberator next and have it rewired.maybe i can talk them into putting it a a dolly and i can get my trailer redone in the process

Sweet Addiction

So I am going to take it that you did the repair from the outside?  Looks like you just cut the back of it out since the motor and drive are still installed.

liberator21 said:

liberator21

yep.the only part that was bad was on the rt side.so i cut the outside out and just replaced the outer part.it wasnt that bad yet but it was pretty wet on the lower part..i also reinforced the seams where the hull was put togeather.my steering rams were malikng it split a little.i will put some plates behine the rams this time and maybe solve that problem.when they put the vin plate on they didnt seal it good and water seeped in after the years and got the wood wet

liberator21

im almost there.talked to dave at liberator.he said he would put the boat on a dolly so i can do the trailer.afgter he dose the wiring,new gauges.and rub railing.it  gets a good deatil job on the carpet and motor.getting some teague vavle covers with step breathers hopelfully will solve my oil blowing problem

Sweet Addiction

lol.  I can see everyone is going to have a lot to talk about and look at come Memorial Day weekend.  Just got back at 5:00 this morning from Missouri picking up my brother's new boat.  Check out Sleek Craft in the Central Section.

liberator21 said:
just seeing if u were paying attention.the rams will be plated on the inside also

liberator21

well im finished.taking boat to liberator tomorrow for wiring,gauges and rub rail.got water now.need sun and some beer.................has anyone got a pic of a splash shield on the rear of there jet boat.i may make one when i get it back,i think they look cool

Sweet Addiction

I thought you were going to go with an enclosed engine hatch?  Were you going to mold that up yourself?

liberator21 said:
well im finished.taking boat to liberator tomorrow for wiring,gauges and rub rail.got water now.need sun and some beer.................has anyone got a pic of a splash shield on the rear of there jet boat.i may make one when i get it back,i think they look cool

liberator21

boat is at liberator.i will have to mold a motor cover myself.they wont 2 grand to do one.its a lot of work.all hand built.i think i can come up with something.got my new teague vavle covers and had them power coated clear.so no more beffing.and has step breathers to soppose to stop the oil...we will see.....cant wait to get back on the water.i purchased a camper on the water in a park close to where i lived before.im still in the game for a while.i hope my pic didnt come out to big.....sorry if it did