JOE POOL PARTY OCT. 29

73 Sanger Flat

Kachina dad

We will be camping at site 187  Loyd park that weekend. Son has that weekend off as well. Said he will be there with his boat 21' Kachina, berkeley pump, 460 Ford. maybe we can meet up.

EOSpeed

WE WILL BE THER FRIDAY TO A ROUND 3.
                                                                  :smile17:

After talking to you EO and getting your permission at Tawakoni, I decided to go ahead and post this on your thread.

Hello to all the THB people and others. As you are aware our soldiers are put in harms way all the time. especially while on deployment. They make do with what they have which is not enough compared to what we enjoy each day. i have learned more about this more recently since my son is deployed to Afganastan. I have received information that they have not even some basic things plus things they would enjoy. Cash is also a problem for some depending on where they are at. So I am asking for help in gathering these things and cash. They will go to an address for there FOB and be distributed.
This the email I received from Jasons ( nitro jr ) wife.

Everything that our soldiers overseas needs is as follows: pillowes, blankets,longjons, sheets, pillow cases, snack foods,toothpaste, tooth brushes, deoderant, laundry detergant,mouth wash, bug spray, hand santitizer, toilet paper, towels, wash cloths, shampoo, conditioner,body wash, lufas, lots of snack foods, cookies, chips,pertzals, anything that will help them think of home.
cash money (they dont have an atm on their base) and finance only comes once a month.
any thing to keep them warm.
and anything else anyone wants to send. things that remind them of home. pictuers, cards, letters, anything you can think of. but especially anything to keep them warm. its going to start snowing very soon. flanal sheets would be good also.
This Jasons address

the address : westerlund,jason
                    E FSC/1-41 INF/3-1
                    FOB ALTIMUR
                    APO,AE 09364.

This the address that the items will be sent to
E FSC/1-41 INF/3-1 AD
FOB ALTIMUR
APO, AE 09364

C/O SPC WESTERLUND, JASON/SSG GARCIA, ABIGAIL
So I would like to make the party that EO is putting on a point that we can get involed with this very special charity. The holidays are fast approaching.  Winter is coming there the snow will be falling and they need our help and generocity. I will be at Joe Pool Sat to collect donations. Donations for the shipping would be a help also. Shipping is expensive.
Thank you and look forward to seeing you all at JOE POOL. Thank you EO for allowing me to put this on your thread for your event.
Thank you all..Any other questions or advice call me at 817 455 8761  or email at nwesterlund@gmail.com 

WAFOBABY

Neil I'm going to try to make this.  I work for southwest airlines and they are all about helping the troups let me see what kind of string I can pull to maybe get some stuff supplies.  Like case toilet paper boxes of snacks roasted peanuts pretelz so on will let ya know.  Tell ur son thxs for all they do. 

EOSpeed

THE 10 DAY WEATHER FORECAST FOR THE 29 IS SUNNY 70 NO RAIN. MAKE PLANS TO BE THER. THIS A 2 KAGER.
                                                                                clap.gif

WAFOBABY

What time is everyone getting there sat morning?  I'm thinking about dragging my boat to work Friday night and head right over when I get off sat a.m..  can only stay couple hrs have a party to go to that afternoon/night..

73 Sanger Flat

Some will show up about 9-10 am and after that .. It is going to be cool that morning , so i would not think too many before noon ..

I am planning on getting there maybe 10-10:30 to bullsh*t with people .. No boat so no hurry to get there this year .. I will help Neil and any one else with the loading and unloading if they need help

jimsplace

Brazos River Rat ( Billy ) said:
Some will show up about 9-10 am and after that .. It is going to be cool that morning , so i would not think too many before noon ..

I am planning on getting there maybe 10-10:30 to bullsh*t with people .. No boat so no hurry to get there this year .. I will help Neil and any one else with the loading and unloading if they need help

What do you mean no boat?  Are you saving it for a rainy day?

WAFOBABY

That's cool I will just tow mine to work and then take a nap at work for few hrs then see y'all there around 9ish then leave around noon or so

73 Sanger Flat

jimsplace said:
Brazos River Rat ( Billy ) said:

What do you mean no boat?  Are you saving it for a rainy day?

That is  it Jim , saving it for the rainy days .. I have that little problem that I need to take care of on the engine .. Don;t want to take the chance of hurting something .. I tested it this week and it is loosing pressure ..

Are you going to get your boat wet this weekend ???