81.9 KB · Views: 67
  • Canyon 012.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 82
  • Canyon 002.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 77

wildbunch

KONA77 said:
i'm gonna make a trip to canyon this year  :smile17:
You will like it..........nice clean water, & if there is enough water in the lake to make it up into the Guadelupe river where the water is slick as glass. 

KONA77

wildbunch said:
KONA77 said:
i'm gonna make a trip to canyon this year  :smile17:
You will like it..........nice clean water, & if there is enough water in the lake to make it up into the Guadelupe river where the water is slick as glass.

i went one year,  made two mistakes,  one holidayweekend,  second lakes was flooded and one boat ramp open.

but going this year maybe some of us can hook up,  up there  :smile17:

Devilman

Waiting for a few more days like these....

Attachments

• Brazos River05.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 71
  • river5.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 50
  • coolingoff.jpg
    coolingoff.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 53
  • backbeach3 (Small).JPG
    66 KB · Views: 53
  • backbeach2 (Small).JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 58
  • Brazos River07.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 56
  • lavaca002[1].JPG
    lavaca002[1].JPG
    786.5 KB · Views: 53
  • lavaca001[1].JPG
    753.8 KB · Views: 60

TahitiRat

I am realiy becoming a big fan of the brazos. I love Plowman. I would deffinatly like to make a trip to the San Jac this year to

Devilman

Brazos River kicks ass... The Plowmans deal usually does too, but this year I gotta say it sucked, lol... We took a trip up there a few years ago, middle of summer, August I believe. Not a cloud in the sky, not hardly a ripple on the water. From the Indian Lodge all the way to Steel Creek it was like glass. Man that was a good weekend...

KONA77

Devilman said:
Brazos River kicks A$$... The Plowmans deal usually does too, but this year I gotta say it sucked, lol... We took a trip up there a few years ago, middle of summer, August I believe. Not a cloud in the sky, not hardly a ripple on the water. From the Indian Lodge all the way to Steel Creek it was like glass. Man that was a good weekend...

that's sounds like a nice weekend,  i guess the rain killed it this year

Devilman

KONA77 said:
the pic backbeach where is that?,  looks nice

Its at Coleto Creek, back by the power plant. Nice little island to beach up & swim, hang out... There is another beach further back that I think is what is actually referred to as the back beach, its just what I labeled those pics...

Couple more pics of it, from a less crowded day.

Attachments

• Colet03.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 79
  • Colet02.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 84
  • Colet4.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 81
  • Colet5.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 77

TahitiRat

That was the way it was the day I took those vids. Me my dad my brother and 30 of Colorado's finest. The camp ground at Plowman is nice to We set up the camper launched the boat and ran way up past the train bridge and the car bridge, The ol boat run great and life was good. Them we went back to camp and drank beer cooked steaks and talked trash. The best things in life.  :smile17:

Devilman

KONA77 said:
that's sounds like a nice weekend,  i guess the rain killed it this year

It was. Put in at the Lodge, ran downriver a ways, set up canopies on the beach, had the grill going. Some of the V-drive bunch was there, J.J., Jimsplace, E.O., couple others that I don't recall. Charlie F, Cookieman, Taylorman, Black, Greaser, Oldbuck, some others.. Just chillin in the water in the sunshine with some cold beers just shootin the shit. Killed the day out there like that.

Ya, rain & the river was so far down it wasn't even funny. Hard to tell what Mother Nature is gonna throw at ya though, Friday when we got there, it was great. Went to shit on Saturday though, lol...