Huge Thanks to the Tawakoni crew and 429 marina

Last Mohecian

Administrator
Bobby and crew did an outstanding job organizing it.  The folks at 429 marina welcomed us with open arms and provided a top notch location for this event.  The lake authorities were very accepting of us as well.  The only little hitch was the single usable boat ramp because of the low water.  On the positive side of that, the low water gave us a fantastic beach area to hang out on where I'm sure there is plenty of parting going on tonight.

Cookieman

Well I have just arrived home from one of the best  events that I have been to in years. My hat is off to all that made this event happen. Special thanks to the 429 marina and their crew. We arrived at about 11:30 Sat. morning and all I heard was how we were welcome to be there. I think everyone was impressed at the set up of the beach to the marina driving up in golf carts to see if we needed ice or anything from the marina. Thanks to all the Okie group who showed up who by the way had some fast A$$ boats there. Thanks James for te use of his grill and glad to hear you sold all 155 t-shirts with people wanting more. I see this event as a repeat for next year. Locals showed up to watch all the fast boats at $5 a head and there plenty of people there. You will most likely all have to wait until Monday for all the pics and videos to show. I will tell you there was one twin turbo boat for OK, that was super fast. The only complaint what was the baot ramp launching, but that was ok once everyone got launched. I was told at one time there was over 70 boats in the water, not counting what was on the trailers. I would say mark your calendars for next year, this is one you want to attend. OH by the way blessed by the lake authorities. Wait till you see all the pics. Thanks to all who came up a spoke with me and wished me well with my leg recovery. Nice to meet new people any time.

clap.gif  I will ditto what Bill said. Thank to the 429 marina for having us. Great job Bobby on getting this togethor. I had to leave sat afternoon. Had a great time saw hold freinds and put faces to new freinds. Great job on the shirts James. A BIG THANK YOU TO THE LAKE AND PARK RANGERS AND WARDENS. THANK YOU FOR LETTING US AS A GROUP DO OUR THING. A letter needs to go to the Wardens.    clap.gif

jasson told me last night he counted 87 in the water, and more in the campground yesterday. hope to see everyone at tawakoni next year including all them okies from muskogee/ dueling banjo guys :smile16: :smile16: :smile16:

blazeracer

I thought the final count was 78 "hot boats" on the water at one time. 78 or 87, in either case, the last SDBA event in Fort Worth had 100 boats there including jet skis. And what great weather we had!! The cops were very cooperative and the 1,000 foot course great. There were some really awesome side be side runs. One of the best was the fire dept boats making a side by side pass!! I hope someoen got that on video. I heard the vendor on the beach selling BBQ had some damn good food too.

The second annual will be even bigger and better. I'll get a bigger float pool on the shirts next year so there's plenty to go around.

Crusader

Guys I will say that this was an incredible event!! Bobby and Jasson are top notch guys and deserve a standing ovation!!

The folks are 429 were fantastic and they sincerely appreciated our presence and invited us back next year. We felt right at home there and have even talked about going back again just to camp.

We had a fantastic time last night in the Crusader. We have to have made 10 passes down the course at 1100pm  shooting blue roost while jammin with Boatless Brett and his bride while listening to some "Jawga boyz"  Lol. I guess I didn't monitor my fuel very well because this morning my tanks were dry. Thanks to Paul, I was able to buy a few gallons of Av gas so I could get back to the ramp.

We are literally exhausted and have great memories of the 429 Marina and their staff.

f965cac7.jpg

TintMan

:smile17: amen brotha! Top notch deal for sure...i'm too tired to post cause it was a PARTY!!!! Every aspect was great...! 429 ROCKS!!!! :smile17:

WAFOBABY

Thxs y'all it was a blast  Bill thank you again for letting us use the thb name on shirts.  I'm sure there will be tons of videos and pics.  But I wouldn't post one of the FD doing that wouldn't want them to get into any kind of trouble and not be there for us next yr.  Just sayin!  To the hole 429 crew and owners thank you very much.  And thxs to everyone who came out. See y'all next yr for sure.

waterwalker

Thanks again to all involved from the marina, authorities, organizers, and each of you who participated!! I have about 648 pics. Started editing and when finished will post as best we can. Guess I might have to post some "teaser pics". And for Soldier of Fortune they are all topless...(speaking of the jetboats)!! LOL

Cookieman

I think we need  to thank the Okie guys for coming down to a Texas event. You guys have some mighty fast boats up there. I was impressed at how well this event was put together for a first time event. Thanks a again to everyone for showing the" OUTSIDERS"  we are a great group of people. I can't wait to see all the pics and videos.

Crusader

soldier of fortune said:
that was pretty kool when you guys were doing laps last night with that blue rooster tail going!

Thanks bro, we had a blast doing the laps........around and around and around.....lol.

overbored

The event was the best I have seen yet. I just gotta figure out how to get some sleep at night. I will be recovering for a couple of days which was how I always new I had a good time. Thanks again to all the organizers and the local authorities.

3boatpaul

this has been one of the best event's that i have ever been to.  these people went the extra mile for us .
i can not count how many time's i was approched by one of there staff and asking if i needed any thing
or help or what ever . one of them even went out of there way to get me a hamburger and at no cost , they would not take my money,  i do hope that this will become a yearly event. at least that way we can get the
boat count up by being close enough that we can get those out law folks to be able to pull down that way.
also where else can you go and not be hassled by the law. my hat's off to those folk's they were great.
      jump.gif  jump.gif  jump.gif  clap.gif  clap.gif        OBTW it was nice to see you all again .  SID enjoyed haveing breakfast with you all this morning.
randall glad every thing worked out for you, sorry i could not join you this morning BUT just a little too windy and choppy for me to make a run .                    paul  :smile17:       

WAFOBABY

How many folks noticewd the sign that 429 had painted just for us?  Thought that was really cool.  If u didn't it said welcome HOT BOAT Assoication..  Cliff do u know how many pics Don took I know it was a bunch.  Ohba guys and gals thanks for making the trip down.and bringing the bouys for us to use. Also thxs to the OUTLAW crew and WFL crew for coming. 

73 Sanger Flat

Hats off to everyone involved in this event . It was great .. The only hickup was the ramp and it was not that bad .. We will be back next yera if the 429 Marina wants us

Has any one had any feedback from them ??

A BIG THANK YOU TO 429 MARINA and
BOBBY AND JASON for everything they did ..

Yes I noticed the sign comiomg into the park .. It was Great !!

I wish I would have meet more people , just too busy doing other stuff to get around to everyone ..