Here we go....."another" newbie to THB

Skotz

This looks like a good site to be a part of.......I have been "boatless" for several years, but have "had" a 426 Chrysler powered Flat Bottom Lake boat, 2?" Sea Ray Lake boat and a twin engine Wellcraft(pre Scarab).....so I "have been wet" before now.....

Some history on me....been messing around with anything with an engine all my life, and am a Hot Rodder....had my "baby" 32 for over 40 years(427 FE/4 spd) and have gotten the nostalgia Drag race addition several years ago.....started running a 32 3w with a Blown Flathead at the drags(and at Bonneville Salt Flats last year....yooo hooooo).....and then built a nostalgia Blown Flathead Front Engine Dragster(FED) running on Fuel......having a Blast :smile17:.......refusing to get "old".....hahaha

Soooo, this leads up to a few weeks ago, when I was loading the Dragster in the Texas heat and sun to "go to an asphalt parking lot, put on a fire suit and go racing".....I said(to myself, of course).....why don't I have a Boat, so I can "Cool Off"......as I said above, had boats with those "prop thingies" hanging down and have always wanted to move up to the Jet Age.....started looking far and wide for info on Jets and looking for ones that are for sale(turn key, for the first time in my life....I wanna play, got other things to build......haha)

SOOO, if you know of any unadvertized boats, I would appreciate the leads......I have found a few that I am interested(CoolJet's in Houston, for one).....and I am not just "tire kicking"....it's time!

Oh, yea....I have a Steel Fab shop in Austin and I live up close to Lampasas(that would be Lake Buchanan, for you boat types:).......Name:  Skot Ingram (thus the nickname posted)  and an email address for "that super deal"..... skotingram@gmail.com

Thanks for having me(and yes, I'll post pics when I "get a boat!!!")

scarabscs

Welcome to the Zoo!  Watch out for TTJ, hes into weird stuff.  Also watch out for Chrystler Jet, he's the "weird stuff" referred to in the previous sentance.  :smile29:

spd500

Welcome to THB . It would help us to know what you want the boat to do . If you want to race , or a nice cruiser , etc .

Skotz

Per "Spd 500" comment....Welcome to THB . It would help us to know what you want the boat to do . If you want to race , or a nice cruiser , etc .

Looking for a good "lake boat".....with a big block.....nicely finished out.....run in the 60 to 75 range at top end, but would mainly be a cruiser type boat.....I'm racing cars now, want a fun boat, not one to race.....but of course want "some speed"(it's the "built in Hot Rodder" in me).....I like CoolJet's boat, just am not partial to the yellow trim and the brown interior(hot).......but with that said, it is still in the running(nice ride).....very open to suggestions....I figured that the Vee bottom would be "softer riding" than my ol Flatbottom.....don't know about tunnel/hydro's???.....open to "education" here.

Thanks for the "Welcomes"

spd500

The "CoolJet" boat is a nice boat , it used to belong to a member here . But he sold it because he wanted to go faster , so he bought a Chevy  :smile30: I like the boat , but have not seen it in a few years  . It also seems overpriced for the current market .

Hammer 1

Welcome Scotz ,  You found a good board with a lot of great people. Come out to Cedar Creek this Sunday , There should be quite a few boats to look at & it may give you a idea of what would suit you . You are more than welcome to come hang out :smile17:

KONA77

let KONA welcome you to the coolest site,  and one sick addiction,  and let me say,  you find a boat you like get it,  i have silver interior,  and it's hot just as any dark material out there,  nothing cool in the sun....    ROCK ON !!!  :smile17:

Gold Member

Hammer 1 said:
Welcome Scotz ,  You found a good board with a lot of great people. Come out to Cedar Creek this Sunday , There should be quite a few boats to look at & it may give you a idea of what would suit you . You are more than welcome to come hang out :smile17:
You may even see some side by side testing. :smile30:

ChryslerJet

scarabscs said:
Welcome to the Zoo!  Watch out for TTJ, hes into weird stuff.  Also watch out for Chrystler Jet, he's the "weird stuff" referred to in the previous sentance.  :smile29:
I am only wierd cause no one here understands Chryslers like me

Welcome to the board.  There are plenty of hot boats for sale here.  I am sure we can find you one,

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome aboard! The Cool Jet boat is beautiful. I don't think it has been used much since he sold it! You won't be disappointed in it if you look at it! :smile30:

ChryslerJet

Patchman said:
Welcome aboard! The Cool Jet boat is beautiful. I don't think it has been used much since he sold it! You won't be disappointed in it if you look at it! :smile30:

Patch your alive

Woohoo

Last Mohecian

Administrator
Skotz said:
Per "Spd 500" comment....Welcome to THB . It would help us to know what you want the boat to do . If you want to race , or a nice cruiser , etc .

Looking for a good "lake boat".....with a big block.....nicely finished out.....run in the 60 to 75 range at top end, but would mainly be a cruiser type boat.....I'm racing cars now, want a fun boat, not one to race.....but of course want "some speed"(it's the "built in Hot Rodder" in me).....I like CoolJet's boat, just am not partial to the yellow trim and the brown interior(hot).......but with that said, it is still in the running(nice ride).....very open to suggestions....I figured that the Vee bottom would be "softer riding" than my ol Flatbottom.....don't know about tunnel/hydro's???.....open to "education" here.

Thanks for the "Welcomes"

Tunnels & gull wings ride like a Cadillac compared to a V bottom.  Hydro's do not make good jet boats.  They are better suited to be a V- drive.  Best thing you could do is try to make one of the gatherings of local hot boats.  That will give you a chance to look at, discuss and probably catch a ride in a variety of boats.  This will help you decide what is right for you. 

Devilman

Glad to have ya Skotz, welcome to THB... I'm guessing the "cooljet" boat is that Southwind? If so, extremely clean & well kept boat. It was at one time anyway, been awhile since I've been around it. Far as the dark interior being hot, it sits out in the sun for a bit & its gonna be hot no matter what color it is. I've got white interior in mine & the seats can get hot enough to burn ya in only 1/2 hour or so...

Skotz

Tunnels & gull wings ride like a Cadillac compared to a V bottom.  Hydro's do not make good jet boats.  They are better suited to be a V- drive.  Best thing you could do is try to make one of the gatherings of local hot boats.  That will give you a chance to look at, discuss and probably catch a ride in a variety of boats.  This will help you decide what is right for you.
[/quote]

Again, thanks everyone for the welcome, and Hammer1 for the invite Sunday(but can't make it, cause I'm gonna be racing the Flathead Dragster)......good input as to hull designs....its what I was figuring, but, sure like the input!!!!.....sure better than that "guessing stuff".....haha
Skot

Skotz

Devilman said:
Glad to have ya Skotz, welcome to THB... I'm guessing the "cooljet" boat is that Southwind? If so, extremely clean & well kept boat. It was at one time anyway, been awhile since I've been around it. Far as the dark interior being hot, it sits out in the sun for a bit & its gonna be hot no matter what color it is. I've got white interior in mine & the seats can get hot enough to burn ya in only 1/2 hour or so...

I just remember changing from the dark blue interior of the Flatbottom to white and it being more "user friendy"......but that was a bunch of years ago!!!.....maybe I'm tougher, now.....HAHAHA, no way!!!