DYNO DAY 1

Knotty Girl

TexasJet said:
I plan on being very very careful. Kuntz said I need "balistic shorts" and a race jacket.

No doubt, plus a pop off and ratchet. Just my .02 and I know you were not asking.  Throw that back seat in the dump, also!  Ewwww I feel better.  :smile16:

TexasJet

Henry, I think we already had this discussion. Thanks again. I will give serious consideration to the jetaway next winter. Also, a few more pics from Sunday.

Damn nice ride you did that thing 100%  clap.gif

Oh and I would be more worried about the jet-away/ratchet, before I was the pop off!! Have fun!!

TexasJet

Mike and I looked at moving the motor forward for a jetaway. We would have to move the entire interior forward also. He said it's not big deal because the interior is bolted to the strigers. I'm already starting to plan projects for this winter.  :rolleyes:

Knotty Girl

I am glad I am not the only one fussing.  You know the only reason any of us have said anything it totally out of concern for you safety.  That is a serious boat that needs serious safety measures. Awesome ride and we want it to stay that way.  That's all!

John

call me dumb here, but what does a ratchet do? i know its a clutch pack basically and and creates a break in the driveline for it to free spin, but what does it keep from happening? your pump from exploding?

number of jets ive owned = 0

sturat

In theory John, it will allow the pump to free spin in the event of power loss. This will inturn lesson the chances of you getting pitched. The water is already on its way to the pump if and when the motor looses power, if the pump can not free spin(give an escape route for the wall of water) then it will lift the tail and most likely catch an edge and turn hard on way or the other. A body in motion tends to stay in motion until an equal and opposite force is applied.. (body losses this battle every time)

TexasJet

Knotty said:
I am glad I am not the only one fussing.  You know the only reason any of us have said anything it totally out of concern for you safety.  That is a serious boat that needs serious safety measures. Awesome ride and we want it to stay that way.  That's all!

I appreciate the advice and concern. In a perfect world I would have it installed already. I'm just going to have to run this summer without one. Also, a jetaway is no guarentee you won't get pitched. It just decreases the odds.