Brazos

TahitiRat

Plowmans lookin good have to do a trip soon
plowmanramp.jpg

plowman.jpg

TahitiRat

Ya lookin nice we where there Sunday lookin for a place to store the camper. Cant wait finley got the last part I needed to get the boat back in the water.

TahitiRat

Not happy with the starter yet and install the new cable and shift handle for the rev. bucket, then is goin to the water  :smile16:

what about you got the steering back together yet

Devilman

TahitiRat said:
Not happy with the starter yet and install the new cable and shift handle for the rev. bucket, then is goin to the water  :smile16:

Oh yea, it was dragging or grinding or something right? Hell sounds like you about ready to spalsh it. Congrats, just in time too. :grin:

I'm still messing with that cable, but its the old one I took out so boat is ready to run as it sits. Still planning on changing it out before Coleto... which is really gettin here fast, lol... Good news is that solvent is running through it about as fast as I pour it in & its coming out clear on the other end now. Moves freely by hand as well... Almost hate to put grease back in it, lol....

73 Sanger Flat

mr.magoo said:
are both ramps open?

They only have the one ramp at Plowman , the old one we are not supposed to use it , but sometime we use it but then we get caught by the B.R.A. 

Yeah , look a lot better that last year .. Can't wait to go to Plowman or Steel Creek , Oh wait , I still need my engine finished ..

73 Sanger Flat

Devilman said:
TahitiRat said:

Oh yea, it was dragging or grinding or something right? Hell sounds like you about ready to spalsh it. Congrats, just in time too. :grin:

I'm still messing with that cable, but its the old one I took out so boat is ready to run as it sits. Still planning on changing it out before Coleto... which is really gettin here fast, lol... Good news is that solvent is running through it about as fast as I pour it in & its coming out clear on the other end now. Moves freely by hand as well... Almost hate to put grease back in it, lol....

Go ahead and put the grease back in it , that the fun part . It will work good that way .. I thought the same thing when I done mine , it is working so freely , i don't want to put grease back in it .. but it still worked pretty easy with the grease in it .

TahitiRat

Brazos River Rat said:
mr.magoo said:
are both ramps open?

They only have the one ramp at Plowman , the old one we are not supposed to use it , but sometime we use it but then we get caught by the B.R.A. 

Yeah , look a lot better that last year .. Can't wait to go to Plowman or Steel Creek , Oh wait , I still need my engine finished ..

I wanted to run over to Steel but I dont know how to get there

73 Sanger Flat

From Plowman park , just go back out to  56 and go south about 6-8 miles . Small gas station on the left at Lake Side Village , turn about 45 degrees to the left and follow that small road through residential area and keep going for a few miles , then turn left after you get past the gate to Steel Creek , can't miss it from there ..

At the gas station , there is a road that turns left  right next to the gas station  , 90 degree from HWY 56 ,, DO NOT TAKE THAT road .. I wonder how I know , it does not go to the river ..

KONA77

Devilman said:
TahitiRat said:

pour 30w in it and don't worry about it,  just add a little oil every season or when you put it up for the winter

Devilman

KONA77 said:
pour 30w in it and don't worry about it,  just add a little oil every season or when you put it up for the winter

You sayin to put 30 wt in the cable, instead of pumping it full of grease??  :huh:

KONA77

Devilman said:
KONA77 said:

You sayin to put 30 wt in the cable, instead of pumping it full of grease??  :huh:

nothing wrong with that, it's thinner and won't keep water out, but you can go that route with a little more TLC in the winter

KONA77

to add to that and why i say that,  the oil will not get hard,  just my .02...  many ways to skin a cat