you never expect this to happen at a race gathering.....graphic image

SimplyOrange

a guy here locally and his buddy were playing around racing a little, the last time they planned to run after the launch he saw a flash out the corner of his eye and this and alot of blood was in his lap.
the blade broke off, hit the lower unit then bounced off and towards him.

coupe427;10259 said:
Yeah pretty freak for sure. I think Rex feels worse about it than I do.  If youve got a good stomach then scroll down for before and after.

dda91e7f.jpg

20d6690a.jpg

ca8fe5b3.jpg

Damn man that sucks thats what I worrie about is hurting some one else are vise versa! Hood luck with his recovery! He looks alot better then you would expect

Devilman

DiamondJim said:
Was the prop that broke off, from this guys boat or the guy he was racing?
came off the other guys boat from what I understand... it got posted on RD's as well, here is what was posted over there, thinking it came from the guy himself originally posted on Byuboyz website:

Last week I was fiddlin with water pressure issues and this week Im just trying to get back to eating something good instead of through a straw. I got extremely lucky as an inch any other direction and wouldve lost sight, hearing, smell, or my whole neck. Heres an explanation I typed up on another site.

We were down in Lafitte, for byuboyz spring bling. Me and Rex had made a few passes and had turned around at the finish line talking to Gman, bay area etc. I asked him if he wanted to make another pass before heading in and he agreed. Gman took off followed by Rex and myself and Nick. Bout the time the boat planed over I saw something out of the corner of my eye and got hit in the face. Looked down and saw the blade sitting in my lap. I grabbed the side of my face and was covered in blood. I looked over at bay area and his jaw dropped and jumped out of his seat hollering at me. Thats when I knew it was really bad so I stomped on the gas and drove over to the landing. Got taken care of pretty quick and the ambulance was there before long. We were right in front of the landing so luckily it wasn't far and there were a couple cops running radar for the boats so they had called by the time I got there. I took pics of Rex cav plate I'll post. The blade broke off, stuck in the left side then the other blades must've knocked it out and up in the air towards me. It's a worked 28 mazco 3 blade.

It went all the way through in a couple spots and cut through the left side of my lip. Its 4 layers of sutures from bottom to top and took about 2 hrs to do. No broken bones or missing teeth though one of them is a little loose and has moved because it hits when I bite down. He was in the STV and I was in the Triad. Werent taking off hard either just taking off to go back to the starting line. If itd wouldve been full throttle couldve been alot worse and if it hadnt hit the cav plate and been a direct hit it wouldve been worse.

3boatpaul

man that sux, but should be a wake up call to folk's.  crap sometime's will happen.  about 18 year's ago
i was racing a fellow named malcom waldon. we were side by side when i blew the prop off of a flat bottom boat, that thing came off a 13,500 over driven thru the gear box. thankfully it was a l/h turn prop  and hit the bottom edge of the l/s plate. i hate to think of the carnage that thing could have done.