WTB Dominator or JG for sale with suction housing

Longstr

not 100% sure I am gonna swap to this set up but I am curious what's out there; it could influence my decision.  :smile16:

Devilman

Looked around some on PB, didn't find much that was of any help. If the price was right, may could keep an eye out for an old boat thats hulled out & rob the pump & intake out of it, scrap the rest. There is an old Tahiti thats been on CL forever which would probably be perfect for that if cheap enough & wasn't so far away from ya.

Longstr

Still in the fence about this, would like to find a hull that someone didn't know what they had for cheap.

Longstr

Devilman said:
Looked around some on PB, didn't find much that was of any help. If the price was right, may could keep an eye out for an old boat thats hulled out & rob the pump & intake out of it, scrap the rest. There is an old Tahiti thats been on CL forever which would probably be perfect for that if cheap enough & wasn't so far away from ya.

http://images.craigslist.org/00Q0Q_9RTxjy8IYea_600x450.jpg

This one is close to me 1500 bucks... Too much but close

Devilman

what the heck kinda boat is that? Does it say Cheetah there on the side? Actually looks kinda cool..  Adustable cav plates as well....

ya the Tahiti I mentioned is in about the same or worse condition & they are asking 1400 for it. Been for sale for a looooong time, but it has a C pump in it looks like.

00Q0Q_8ajvamJm0xr_600x450.jpg

00N0N_9zo7giL5E8n_600x450.jpg

Longstr

Devilman said:
what the heck kinda boat is that? Does it say Cheetah there on the side? Actually looks kinda cool..  Adustable cav plates as well....

ya the Tahiti I mentioned is in about the same or worse condition & they are asking 1400 for it. Been for sale for a looooong time, but it has a C pump in it

Yep some 60's model cheetah

Devilman

There is some dude around Houston that has some sort of boat graveyard... jet boats, v-drives, etc... Wonder if he may have something that the hull is too far gone & the pump could just be chainsawed out of it. Save ya the hassle of scrapping a hull/trailer & all that. Still out of your area though. I'm sure it'll be fine with what ya got if you decide to stick with it.

ChryslerJet

Keith Graves  Randall has been posting up a bunch of his stuff on A$$book flooding the pages with it.  I never asked him what he wanted for a pump setup but his prices are on par with market value.  Definitely not cheap by any means but not overpriced either.

Longstr

Owe shait!!! I just came across a JC pump shipped to my door complete suction housing, intake for 400 bucks...  :smile16:  I was kind of hoping I wouldn't find a deal??

Devilman

That is pretty good. Doesn't have a G bowl already on it by chance? If not, a G bowl in decent shape can usually be had for 200-300 bucks, sometimes a little cheaper. There is that C conversion route, but not sure what that runs anymore.

Longstr

Devilman said:
That is pretty good. Doesn't have a G bowl already on it by chance? If not, a G bowl in decent shape can usually be had for 200-300 bucks, sometimes a little cheaper. There is that C conversion route, but not sure what that runs anymore.

I will have to put a split bowl on it for sure probably a dominator  :smile29: If I can talk myself into it