Winterizng in Texas

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
It's an educational experience, it don't pay it costs like all the rest of educational experiences! :smile30:

ChryslerJet

Patchman said:
It's an educational experience, it don't pay it costs like all the rest of educational experiences! :smile30:
I already know how to do all that and so its not an educational experience to me.  I also know the consequences of not and the cost of not doing it.  Plus if I want that educational experience I can do so much closer to home.
:smile30:

Patchman said:

And patch we all know he needs it! Hell he's got how many boats now and none run! So he's probably a expert at winterizing them!!  :smile22: :smile17:

customtouch

Mike S said:
Patchman said:

And patch we all know he needs it! Hell he's got how many boats now and none run! So he's probably a expert at winterizing them!!  :smile22: :smile17:

How do you winterize old fiberglass??  think.gif :grin:

customtouch said:
Mike S said:
Patchman said:

How do you winterize old fiberglass??  think.gif :grin:

Not sure but I bet he's the man at it!!  jump.gif

KONA77

hummm,  can't believe ole CJ hasn't been in to tell you boys how to winterize old fiberglass,  the dude is slipping  lol :grin:

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
I'm sure he figures we should already know! You insulate it with dead beer cans and yard trimmings! Mite could even throw in a couple of old chrysler parts and you should be set for even the harshest of winters! :smile16: Come on CJ you have to have a better come back than that! :smile30:

WFO

Patchman said:
I'm sure he figures we should already know! You insulate it with dead beer cans and yard trimmings! Mite could even throw in a couple of old chrysler parts and you should be set for even the harshest of winters! :smile16: Come on CJ you have to have a better come back than that! :smile30:

Damm Patch! Seems like you have it figured out. Not sure if this is CJ's process or yours.  crazy.gif

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
WFO said:
Patchman said:

Damm Patch! Seems like you have it figured out. Not sure if this is CJ's process or yours.  crazy.gif
I tweek it a little bit for my projects! :smile28:

ChryslerJet

Well I don't need to winterize my motors since they are all in stages of tear down and not in the boats.  Oh wait one of the boats I got has a motor still in it.  I had better go pull it before it freezes nah it's a Ford motor.  I did replace a motor for a customer this summer that was busted out from a freeze a few years ago.  I made sure to call him and make sure he drained the water and put in a drop light.  I was going to go over and winterize it for him but haven't had time lately.

jimsplace

Now that were getting an extended cold spell, I was wondering how many didn't do any more winterizing and are still relying on the droplight?
    :smile20:

veestyle

we were talking about that last night in regards to the boats in the marina that use engine bay heaters rather than winterizing. ooooops. power was off for a while.

jdeaton

Did you guys see the news about the roof that collapsed on a bunch of boats in a marina in Lewisville.  They had it on the news today in Houston.

veestyle

I did see that. ooops. most marinas require a tenant to keep insurance. Hope everyone was current. should provide for some winter jobs for the fiberglass boat shops.

Crusader

I went to check on my boat today in storage. I have a closed in unit with no power. I opened up the engine bay and there was still standing water in the engine bay. I did winterize mine with antifreeze. It was kind of a relief to see the water hasn't frozen in the engine bay after two solid days of below freezing temps.

jdeaton

Temp in Brenham did not get below 33 last night and it's on the rise to 48 today.  The rest of the week it is not suppose to get below freezing! clap.gif clap.gif