Who's the audio guru ???

stickman07

I've been looking for a system for about a year for the ol Pyle. Was gonna pull the trigger on a Memphis Audio black box set up last summer when we were supposed to be done but was told it was being re-designed. Now I find JBL, and Kenwood have a similar setup. I like to keep everything one brand for compatibility, & really like the powered JBL sub. Don't care to have a standard head unit either as we plan to just use our iPod or iPhones as the jukebox. So who's got the info, & the hookup ???

Sent from my iPhone 4S bought with UNION Dollars ! 🇺🇸🚒

SimplyOrange

the memphis stuff is very nice, it doesnt matter if its being redesigned, that just means you are buying a high quality piece that works that is being replaced with an even higher quality piece, jbl would be next, then kentwood as far as sound quality, no matter what way you go out of those 3 you really cant go wrong. but i know the memphis is loud and clear.

blazeracer

Wife got me a Pioneer head unit (on my recommendation) that has blue lighting for my birthday and then two matching Pioneer 6x9's for father's day. They're installed and working. It sounds good enough, but  more importantly my battery will last all afternoon. I still have a couple of holes in the console where 6-1/2 rounds go. I'll put Pioneers in there too so they all match.

Eventually I'll get my amp and sub in it. The amp is a made in USA Directed Audio 350 watt unit and the sub is 10" Pioneer that has a bottom freq range of 12Hz.

Depends on what you want I guess. If you want sound quality look at freq range. If you want volume look at size. If you want both look for HUGE magnets and big $$$$$. Also, volume needs lots of power.... 

End of my expertise.

John

IMO alpine and marine JL audio is the way to go.  alpine have a nice i pod interface, and you cant beat jl for sound

Devilman

Is it best to run marine speakers, even if they are gonna be up under somewhere where water & sun can't get to them? I have a nice set of Fosgate 6x9s out of my Camaro & thought about using them in the boat.

Is Fosgate stuff even still around, don't hear much about 'em anymore.

ChryslerJet

Devilman said:
Is it best to run marine speakers, even if they are gonna be up under somewhere where water & sun can't get to them? I have a nice set of Fosgate 6x9s out of my Camaro & thought about using them in the boat.

Is Fosgate stuff even still around, don't hear much about 'em anymore.
When I was big into Stereos Rockford Fosgate was the bomb I would still go witht hem today.  Can't really say on the Marine setup.  I wouldn't worry about it if it was protected though. 
What makes a Marine Speaker a Marine speaker anyways?

CerwinVegas were also the top of the line back and we used Nichi and Blaupunkt Decks.  I have a Blaupunkt I was going to use in the CJ but I also have two others one with an MP3 input so might use that one instead for that purpose.

blazeracer

IMO, marine speakers are needed if you boat lives outside in the elements and are exposed to weather, UV rays and what not. For a lake boat that's covered or garaged most of it life regular gear should be fine.

John

marine speakers are more than white grilles, the surrounds on many low end speakers are paperor utilize cheap glue and if they are foam there not uv resistant, jl has uv resistant foam surrounds and they tested against fog, and salt  i just checked over there aand they have some discontinued amps over there for real reasonable prices

ChryslerJet

John said:
marine speakers are more than white grilles, the surrounds on many low end speakers are paperor utilize cheap glue and if they are foam there not uv resistant, jl has uv resistant foam surrounds and they tested against fog, and salt  i just checked over there aand they have some discontinued amps over there for real reasonable prices
Sweet thanks for the info John

stickman07

Thanks for all the input. Its lookin' like JBL is gonna be the winner for the Spectra. I plan to make some ripples on the water with some good jams.

stickman07

Scratch the last post other than the thanks. It's gonna be Memphis Audio. The tech guy I talked to there said " Thats gonna ROCK !!!!!!! We'll see next week.

Now about that rockin in the cove deal ....

WAFOBABY

Head unit there are alot of good one out there just depends on what you want to spend and how fancy you want to be.  As far as speaker if you have/ havent looked at MEMPHIS speaker than CK them out cause they are the CHIT and crystal clear sound

stickman07

Its gonna be all Memphis. Black box w/ remote commander, 750 watt 5 channel amp, 1 12" sub, 2 6x9 & 2 6.5's.

WAFOBABY

THAT BIOTCH is going to sound crisp and clean NICE !  I want to hear it when you get it all done. I like Memphis stuff !    clap.gif

stickman07

Finally got everything, should be rockin' later today.

scarabscs

You picked a great combo, its going to sound awesome!

Ive got 12's with 6x9s and 6.5's, its puts out a good spectrum of sound.