Who's in San Angelo?

Boatsnhoesnkl

FormulaZR said:
I actually thought about heading to Nasworthy today...but then didn't.
What's a good area to put in at?  The last time I was out that was was 2004... What's the location of the hang outs around the lake.. I don't like trying to find a spot in this boat.. I get about 5 GPM in it !

strokeit57

nasworthy is good shape now we put in at grassy meadows and go around to the horseshoe, gonna get the jets out next weakend,theres quite a few of us here but most have turned there boats into race boats. im across from koa if u need anything

Boatsnhoesnkl

strokeit57 said:
nasworthy is good shape now we put in at grassy meadows and go around to the horseshoe, gonna get the jets out next weakend,theres quite a few of us here but most have turned there boats into race boats. im across from koa if u need anything

Ill be running around this coming weekend! Friday to Sunday ....I have some work to do before I hit the lake... Boats been out of water for a few years.. I'm sure that 509 will be ready... I know I am!!

FormulaZR

Yeah, when I lived in Angelo I'd put in just across the bridge from the KOA. Seemed like a better ramp. Good place to boat...some shallow areas, but not that bad. Unfortunately there are no eating/drinking establishments on the water as far as I know.

Boatsnhoesnkl

Thank stroke it... It was a blast meeting you and your crew... And the cops did get me after I got the boat out... Nothing bad just said I couldn't have th boat on the water because of city ordnance .. So ill be looking I to that to see if I can baffle it for the time being..

FormulaZR

So...a question about the upcoming San Angelo drag boat races...

Is it possible to watch from the water?

blazeracer

Ramps will be closed for public use on race weekend. Big NO-GO of public boats being anywhere near TFH's running close to 300.

Hey, I don't know what happened between some of the San Angelo guys and the THB guys a few years back, but it's great to see you west Texas guys back on here. I lived in San Angelo twice for training while I was in the Army in the 80's and the 90's and really liked that town.

Would like to see more action from the west peeps, maybe we'll make an event out there. BUT, what's the deal with TT's on Nasworthy? Seen pics of OT's out there before.

strokeit57

no ots some people sneak by sometimes but they usually get asked to leave when there caught. was hoping brownwood would get water there not as bad on ots