Whitney coming soon

jimsplace

Hopefully Lake Whitney will be usable again soon.  At the current rate, it might be ready July 19-20.

73 Sanger Flat

I hope so .. I think my boat is ready .. Installed new fuel pump and it started right up .. So the middle of July would work great for me ..

73 Sanger Flat

Any updates on when we can go to Steel Creek .. I fired the boat  up Saturday and it wants to go to Steel Creek .. I can;t argue with my boat , so I am ready also ...

Devilman

Patchman said:
Did the Lodge change hands? :smile21:

Yeah I bought it. :smile16: (I wish, haha)

I was hearing something about that awhile back, but don't remember from who.... If it did/does, I hope the new owners will maintain it the way Tim & Barb always have. That place has a nice vibe, would hate to see it go away.

Devilman

Talked to Black about it couple weeks ago, going back up there in October like we did last time. Brandon wants to go, after hearing us talk about it. Especially now that he has a boat that runs, lol.

Devilman

Brazos River Rat ( Billy ) said:
Kenny- when ?/ Oct 1st weekend ??  Let me know and I will be there ..

Not sure, but probably so like in the past I would guess. Black just mentioned it to me, about going again & I said the same thing, let me know so I can plan for it. He said he was gonna talk to EO about it. Haven't heard anything since. 

73 Sanger Flat

we just need the Corp of Engineers to get busy and get one of the parks open so we can do this ,, Hopefully it will work out like last year .. That was a good weekend  .. I burnt a lot of fuel that day ..

jimsplace

If there is a get together in October it will not be at Plowmans.  It's closed
We could probably do a steel Creek gathering.
    :smile17:

jimsplace

Brazos River Rat ( Billy ) said:
Jim Is Steel Creek open now ?? Who did you get the word from that Plowman will not be open in October ??

Plowmans was never scheduled to be open after Sept 30 of this year.  Apparently a change in how they did things.
I had a reservation for Sept 30, thinking there was just a delay in their updates and had planned on getting the next couple of days when they were available.
After the rains raised the river like it did, they notified me they were canceling all reservations until next year due to park damage.
I was told Steel Creek was open, but perhaps the bridge was still closed, I don't know for sure about the bridge.