Which Droop?

J C Gordon

I'm looking into changing my droop from the berkley race droop to possibly a straight HTP droop.. Anybody running a straight on their Tx-19's? Or has anybody tried this swap and seen results? Thanks JC

77Jet Star

J C Gordon said:
I'm looking into changing my droop from the berkley race droop to possibly a straight HTP droop.. Anybody running a straight on their Tx-19's? Or has anybody tried this swap and seen results? Thanks JC
JC  I tried one on the Nordic.It did not help the Nordic.I will say this they are not for every boat and Duane will tell you that.My suggestion is to try to borrow one first and see if it it works for your hull.My Warhawk has a Straight on it and seems to run good but It had it when I bought the boat and have nothing to compair it to . Like I said borrow one first its about a 500.00 experiment with linkage wedges stud kit ,postage,etc ,etc if you buy it new Just my .02    John

horsepower junkie

John is right they are not for every boat but ,I had a droop on my Warhawk and went to the snoot. I can tell a difference out of the hole, the boat gets on plain a lot quicker because it pushes the boat forward not upward. Still playing around with the wedges and ride plate on the top end but I like it so far :smile16:. One other thing is the boat doesn't lift out of the water so far on the throttle, so when you let off or the motor dies unexpectedly the boat settles down nicer then before. hope this helps

J C Gordon

That's what I'm looking to do get a better hole shot. I seen your boat and looks like it leaves really well and that's my goal. Get a good holeshot and let the motor do the rest. My boat is pretty light and I think the snoot would work good with some wedge in it.

J C Gordon

Have to give em a call and see. I know they will do a test and tune session for $500 at the shop and you can try all the parts they sell...