Whats this worth?

sft2

I'm going to look at, and possibly pick up, a SWTD with a BBC and some manner of Berkeley pump tomorrow. Anyone know, wild guess, what its worth?

sft2

Here's a pic:

3286939230_067737c468_b.jpg

Devilman

Looks kinda familiar, not sure from where though... Far as what its worth, depending on condition I'd say anywhere from $3000 to maybe $7000? Hard to tell from one pic, not knowing any specific details....  Doesn't look bad to me though, is it in running condition?

sft2

He says it's running, makes about 600 hp naturally aspirated, has a single stage (I think) nitrous system jetted for 150 now and pills for 350. Runs mid 70s dry, over 100 with the 350 shot. If I can figure out a way to get down there with both my truck (SUV, actually) and Harley, I'll leave the bike and come home with the boat, even swap. Bike's worth about $4k, so it looks to be a good deal.

I'll need to find a different body of water to play on, though. Lake Conroe is pretty much a no-go for a hull this flat.

wolfman0613

Devilman said:
Looks kinda familiar, not sure from where though... Far as what its worth, depending on condition I'd say anywhere from $3000 to maybe $7000? Hard to tell from one pic, not knowing any specific details....  Doesn't look bad to me though, is it in running condition?
He is aTHB member gregr1971. Look under members rides under my new ride thanks to randall. Im almost positive its the same boat :smile15:

sft2

I failed utterly in my attempts to find the pics, but does anyone know anything about the boat? Looks like about what I'm wanting, even if she does scare the hell out of me ;)

sft2

Didn't manage to get over there to check it out, couldn't round up a trailer for the Harley I'm trading for it. My first boat was a Seadoo Speedster that gave me some problems, like both engines dying in the middle of the lake. Turns out some moron hooked up a bunch of hoses backwards after doing some engine work. Not sure which shop, but they're idiots.

Have a place for the boat to live, should be able to find a place to get into the San Jac around here somewhere (I'm near Conroe), and my truck can pull it (if I could pull a 21 foot Baja it won't be a problem). Just have to figure out how to get it here and the bike there.

And is the paint on the pump just for visibility, or is there some magical reason for it being white? ;)

wolfman0613

taylormanss said:
no i just think the black looks like crap on that boat. good luck with the swtd,glad to see you are gonna get a real jet boat now :smile15:
Speedster's ROCK. LOL . :smile23: :smile23: :smile23:I think I might still be a little drunk we went out last night.Umm any way whos going to the san jac I might be there today testing a boat if not today tomrrow for sure

sft2

I fully expect the thing to scare the hell out of me to the point of wanting to physically remove the nitrous bottle to eliminate all temptation... but I'll leave it in... and full... just in case someone says something about my slow boat :D

Still working out this transportation issue. Couldn't even buy a new trailer today, what's this world coming to when you can't buy a trailer, in Texas, on a saturday?!?

sft2

I talked to someone that said I could rent a trailer one way, then got there to pick it up and was told "we don't do that." And my truck is a Durango. More of a school bus, like the short ones the "special" kids ride, but at least I get to tell myself I'm special! :D

Candygirl

sft2 said:
I failed utterly in my attempts to find the pics, but does anyone know anything about the boat? Looks like about what I'm wanting, even if she does scare the hell out of me ;)
here's a link to the posting with pics that wolfman was talking about.
http://texashotboats.com/forums/index.php?topic=7772.0