What's going on??

J C Gordon

Evadently we have been blocked from commenting on below sosdd forum. Come on guys we are THB not dicks from hotboats or performanceboats.com. We are Texas boys and girls that where raised basically the same. This needs to be resolves now! Randall has a way with words that can be basically a pain in the ass but that being said he has also helped me out alot. Duane has been a friend of mine since I have been with the site since 2006. And I'm proud to say I'm a member of THB. What's right is right and what's wrong is wrong!! Man up and get this over with!! This forum is for the great people of like interest to help each other and discuss like involvements. Fighting over stupid shit is not why cookieman design this site for. Let's put this behind us and move on. If I'm wrong somebody tell me and I will erase this post. JC proud member from east TX. 

SlowRyd

X2 I dont know what is going on But I do know this it is Bullshit Ive only been apart of this site since last year and have olny met you guys a few times and it has always been great. 

NotImportant-1

J C Gordon said:
Evadently we have been blocked from commenting on below sosdd forum. Come on guys we are THB not dicks from hotboats or performanceboats.com. We are Texas boys and girls that where raised basically the same. This needs to be resolves now! Randall has a way with words that can be basically a pain in the A$$ but that being said he has also helped me out alot. Duane has been a friend of mine since I have been with the site since 2006. And I'm proud to say I'm a member of THB. What's right is right and what's wrong is wrong!! Man up and get this over with!! This forum is for the great people of like interest to help each other and discuss like involvements. Fighting over stupid shit is not why cookieman design this site for. Let's put this behind us and move on. If I'm wrong somebody tell me and I will erase this post. JC proud member from east TX.

Without going into details on how and why Duane feels as he does, I can say I understand his feelings about what's going on.I hope that he will reconsider and stay on as admin on the site but that's his call. All else that I can say is that I will miss him and all that he has done for THB and all the world class events he has put on.

NotImportant-1

SlowRyd said:
X2 I dont know what is going on But I do know this it is Bullshit Ive only been apart of this site since last year and have olny met you guys a few times and it has always been great.

Please explain what you mean by "this is bullshit"  What exactly is this bullshit you speak of?

SlowRyd

Esabataj said:
SlowRyd said:

Please explain what you mean by "this is bullshit"  What exactly is this bullshit you speak of?

Bullshit<>  The fact that Duane is steping down, And seeing how everyone else has had an oppinion and with the information that was available to me that is my oppinion.

77Jet Star

The day that Duane quit will be known as "BLACK FRIDAY "  on THB.This site will not be the same I hope it survives.There has to be a better solution to this delimia.If you do decide to leave your post Duane thanks for your contribution to this site.I hope it does not come to this.As far as the other mods are concerned you all have a tough job to do and as one member I want to thank all of you all.Keep up the good work and thankless job you all do.There will be no way to fiil Duanes spot and all he has done for this site.                                                                                                                    JETSTAR

KONA77

This is definitely like a bad penny,  it just wont go away... do not know the circumstances, but it disturbs me,  i will say this, if duane decides to quit this site, IT will not be the same and my outlook on it will not be the same, hoping that duane will reconsider this....  as a member i am behind the decisions the admins make..... and finally Duane if you quit remember they win 

Roger aka KONA77 and leanne KONAGIRL

p.s.  I am not speaking of this matter again.

Cookieman

Ok....  I guess it is my time to chime in. I made the mistake of unbanning Randall. I talked to Duane last Sat. night from the Bay City Rally and he had told me that Randall had patched things up between themselves. Randall called a few days later and told me the same thing. Now let me set  a few things straight here....... Randall is a good person and an asset to the site. He just don't have a goood way with words and doesn't know when to back down. I know you amy have heard he calls me all the time, that he does, but not about the site. He has been calling me ever since I went into the hospital. He checks to see how I am doing and when is my next doc's appt., Then he calls a few hours after I see the doc. It is nice to talk to someone who is concerned about my well being. If anyone wants to know how I am doing call him , he will have the latest update. We talk about my future, my boat getting back toghter, and he wants to buy some of my extra parts. We don't discuss problems on the site. He does run and tell me everything. We talk about my losing my job and what would be better for me to do in the future. He helps me out when there is I am here alone with no one to talk to. Now as far as Duane and the other mods and admins. They do what is best for the site. I think most of you know how dear this site is to me. I made a mistake and unbanned Randall because I thought everything was cool between them. I guess I was wrong and for that I blame myself. I don't want any mods or admins to quit. I will say that if you guys decide to ban someone and that will be your decision , then they will no longer be unbanned by me. I hate to be torn between two people That I like but what do I do. Randall has asked me to keep him banned and that I will do. We will still talk and be freinds. Duane , This to you........... you are needed and i want you to stay Richard, I need your help also. I only wish that we could all get along and make this site really great. I hope this will clear some air and if anyone should want to talk give me a call 817-713-0153. I only hope things will get better for me and everyone on this site. Thanks again to everyone who makes this site what it is. Bill"cookieman"

TahitiRat

I really like this site and am on it quite a bit, but I guess I missed what got this started in the first place. I wish if this was going to be handled in the open like this I knew what the problem was. Everyone knows Randell is out spoken and needs to take it with a grain of salt, becouse we all knows what he adds to the site. That being said Duane is a work horse on this site and is invaluable to it. I hope this can be solved I like Duane and Randell and dont want to loose them from the site.

J C Gordon

Esabataj said:
J C Gordon said:
What's right is right and what's wrong is wrong!! Man up and get this over with!!

I'm curious as to your perspective on Whats Right and Wrong, and who you're telling to man up?

there was a deal that went bad that shouldn't have, that's where all this started from. And you've been on earth long enough to know "what's right and what's wrong" no disrespect intended.
And this is my last post on this matter, it just makes me sad that we could possible loose 2 great people from the site. I have a rally to plan, and this is killin my buzz. Cheers JC

Devilman

This... again?
yeahright.gif

I've been on the mower & had a little time to ponder this sitchiation... And I've decided to say what's been kinda bangin around in my mind...

First, I hate to see any person banned, run off, or feel like they they gotta leave this place... for any reason. That said, I know this is yet another deal centered around Randall & his online antics. To put it plain & simple, until Randall starts behaving online the same way as he would in person, this kind of thing is gonna keep happening. This is not the first time this shit has come up. I have been around Randall enough to believe he is a good dude. He has been a part of THB since the beginning & played a part in me coming here. I think the same could be said for lots of folks coming here. I know he does a lot for people. I don't think that should give him license to act like an ass though. I know he has spoken of "seniority" around here. My opinion is that it shouldn't matter how long someone has been a member here, be it 3 days or 3 years. Members should conduct themselves in a manner that reflects the spirit & attitude of THB at all times, be it online or on the water. This seems to be the thing that Randall has trouble with, whether it is intentional or not. Randall acts way different online than he does in person, I know I'm not the only one that knows or realizes this. Some people are willing to let it go & chalk it up to "it's just the internet" while I say it shouldn't matter. I'd be willing to bet Randall wouldn't say half the shit he does to someone in person that he does on the 'net, be it in onsite, a PM, or an e-mail. And as I have always said, I have no problems with Randall in general, I just think he should straighten up his act when hes online. There is a difference between cutting up
& messing around & some of the stuff he has been up to, whether people want to acknowledge that or not.

Far as Duane's part in this, he is trying to do what he can to keep the site in order. I know it has to be tough for him (or any of the mods/admins for that matter) to do the things they do to make sure the site is being operated in a proper manner. I pretty much think the site can run itself as long as members conduct themselves accordingly. As long as members feel they can "get away" with something based on their membership, this is never going to end. None of this reflects what THB is about. The continuation of this sort of behavior is whats going to be the end of THB as we know it, sorry to say.

Being that I feel like I'm friends with both of them, its my opinion that Duane was doing what he should to keep the site in order, & Randall is the one that needs to "man up" & adjust his behavior accordingly.

That is my one cent on this deal. I know its normally 2 cents, but Obama hasn't sent my check yet, so thats all I got... Take it easy peeps.

it is sad to see both of them leave this site.. thats for sure.. i think randall should be banned for his actions and what he says on here.. but i have seen alot of the same crap come from other memebers that have not been banned.. no names need to be mentioned..  in my opion when bill let him back in he was minding his own p's and q's..... we should all be adults here and get along.. damn this is not high school... we all get on this site due to common intreset..... randall can be an ass at time , so can alot of other memebers aswell, randall can be out spoken, so can everyone on here... this is what makes the site from time to time.. we all take what everyone on here says with a grain of salt, just with randall we take what he says with 2 grains of salt.. i hope duane and randall can work out the issue and get along. duane i dont want to see you leave ths site, you are a asset to the site. i dont want to see randall banned from this site for ever either.. he is also an asset to this site... please work out whatever you have too and get along...

oldbuck40

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0YfONR9_Ek

This is pretty much how THB Dilema's are handled and why some peeps just cant stand it! :smile29:

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
I thought everything was good after Bay city! But apparently some members weren't cool with it! :huh: I don't see where Randall did anything wrong this last time. He posts more boats for sale than anyone! Just saying! :smile23:

oldbuck40

Patchman said:
I thought everything was good after Bay city! But apparently some members weren't cool with it! :huh: I don't see where Randall did anything wrong this last time. He posts more boats for sale than anyone! Just saying! :smile23:
Well it shouldnt matter if it was Randal , me, Kenny,Richard, you or anybody else,,If the :police: said NO dont do that and you do it anyway,then you will pay the price! Rules,,Laws or whatever you want to call them are in place for a reason..But seeing the video i posted up above reminds me so much of how things are run around here and its not fair to the ones that are trying to do a bang up job of keeping the peace!