What is the criteria for a divisional topic?

Devilman

Goin out on a limb here, I would say something going into a divisional section would be a topic pertaining to that area alone. Local lake/river info, park/campground info maybe, local merchants or services ... stuff along those lines.... I admit, it may can get fuzzy, but there is a lot of stuff been posted that is pretty damn easy to know where its supposed to be posted & where its not. And that is why this topic has come up... :wink:

73 Sanger Flat

I think then maybe I have posted in the wrong section before . Like when we want to meet at Steel Creek for the local guys for a weekend , I normally post in the North section , because I would think only the local guys would be coming for a spur of the moment get together at the river for test and tune and just to hang out ..

Let me know if I need to post this in event and meets also .. I kinda thought event and meets  was for the large get together like Plowman , Bay City , Welchfest and etc .

Not sure ??

Crusader

Brazos River Rat ( Billy ) said:
I think then maybe I have posted in the wrong section before . Like when we want to meet at Steel Creek for the local guys for a weekend , I normally post in the North section , because I would think only the local guys would be coming for a spur of the moment get together at the river for test and tune and just to hang out ..

Let me know if I need to post this in event and meets also .. I kinda thought event and meets  was for the large get together like Plowman , Bay City , Welchfest and etc .

Not sure ??

Spoke with Cookieman last night. The clarification for the regional areas is this: if it's a local thing like meeting up at a specific lake for that weekend, or going out to dinner, or a show and shine in an area, post it up in the regional forum as it most likely pertains to just those people.

If it's an event and the whole state would possibly come..... post it in the events section.

Cookieman quote:

Now as far as engine build or project on his boat , I would watch it in the project or engine buils section just as much as the north. Main events should be in the events forums. small lake gatherings should be in which ever area you are from. like going to Lavon sat who wants to go. Big events where you are inviting everyone in the state should go in the events forum.

Last Mohecian

Administrator
First off I am not trying to stir the pot.  I really am looking for some clarification. I know a lot of posts were in the wrong forum. Some that were moved don't make sense to me though. In particular, weather related posts. I posted about larger hail in my area. I though local boaters would want to know so they could check their roofs and outdoor possessions for damage. I can't imagine anyone other than my region would care about hail in DFW. This topic was moved. Again, it is not my intention to stir the pot, just looking for some clairification.  I would hope for a mod/admin to reply not just member speculation.

73 Sanger Flat

Crusader said:
Brazos River Rat ( Billy ) said:

Not sure ??

Spoke with Cookieman last night. The clarification for the regional areas is this: if it's a local thing like meeting up at a specific lake for that weekend, or going out to dinner, or a show and shine in an area, post it up in the regional forum as it most likely pertains to just those people.

If it's an event and the whole state would possibly come..... post it in the events section.

Cookieman quote:

Now as far as engine build or project on his boat , I would watch it in the project or engine buils section just as much as the north. Main events should be in the events forums. small lake gatherings should be in which ever area you are from. like going to Lavon sat who wants to go. Big events where you are inviting everyone in the state should go in the events forum.

Thanks Cliff for the info ..

Ok. I am confused. If were asking about uhhh, boxers or man thongs, or bikini or one piece, or general but very informative conversations where do they go? Just asking?

NotImportant-1

Nitro Neil said:
Ok. I am confused. If were asking about uhhh, boxers or man thongs, or bikini or one piece, or general but very informative conversations where do they go? Just asking?

Neil
According to Bill it's really pretty simple. He wants Engine work, questions, and builds uder the Engine section. Boat projects, either major restore or minor under boat projects. Humor under humor. . Events under the event section.

The regional topics are for local things. ie we're going out to steel creek on sat. who else wants to go, General BS'in with your freinds, Things of interest to local area only.

I know that last mohican had a question why Duane moved a weather related announcement to a different area since it was local weather. The reason he moved it was incase one of us crazy southern guys was going to be traveling to Dallas, it would be good to know that we were heading into a bunch of twisters. therefore the reason for the move.

Hope this answers some of the questions. If you guys have anymore or something more specific Post away and we'll get answers.

Thanks Everyone

ESA