Welchfest 2010

farmo83

I would like to formally go on record and request this be held on the weekend of Aug 21st. I'll be in school the rest of the freaking summer and need at least one weekend of gasoline and beer to take my mind off things.

greaser

Well,, it was gonna either be that weekend or the 14th  :smile30: I always try to make sure i dont have it on the same weekend as any sdba races. I have yet to look at the 2010 race schedule

TexasJet

It's still on the calender. The past two years participation has dropped by 50% each year. Hopefully this year it will be better now that the economy is turning around.

Devilman

The hell is Lakefest.....
confused.gif

Devilman

sturat said:
come on thb 411 mully focker
drag boat races in marble falls

LOL, sue me... :cheesy: I never heard of it, nobody around here ever talks about it...
rolleyes.gif
:tongue: :grin:

greaser

The problem I am having is that rocky creek park and yegua creek park are on a first come first  serve basis this year. That means no one can reserve a camp site. You have to go to the park the weekend you want to camp and HOPE there is a site available. Which in my past expeirences is almost impossible during the summer months. Those 2 parks are by far the nicest parks on the lake.

The only other option for this year is to just reserve sites at welch park. Welch park just put in a bunch more electric rv sites, but they arent near as nice as  the other 2 parks. On a good side of it, welch park wouldnt be near as strict as far as the partying goes. As far as I know they dont enforce a quiet time, and pretty much let us do what we want, as long as no one gets hurt. They do have showers and res rooms, but like I stated before, they arnt as nice as the other parks. If yall want, i can go to the park and take some pics of the facilities so yall can deciede what yall want to do.
  I know we have talked in the past about just staying at welch park, and many members didnt want to, but if yall want to ensure a camp site for the weekend of the event, we may not have another choice. Yall let me know what yall want to do

KONA77

that just don't make sense...  looks like i wont be making any camping trips to somerville,  i live to far to not be able to reserve a campsite....

i vote for welch park,  i have no problem with camping,  over there.... overall might be a better event that way  :smile17:

sweet-v

Would love to spill some beer that weekend, give me a date and point me in the right
direction for reservations
:smile17: