weight of a tr-2

customtouch

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know there are a lot of variables but can anyone give me the approx. weight of a 79 Cole tr-2 with a n/a big block Chevy in it. It is a med/heavy lay up boat with the standard casale v-drive & basic rigging. I am in the process of building one and just trying to get a general idea of how much weight the new engine will be pushing. Thanks in advance!

Carnivalride

customtouch said:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know there are a lot of variables but can anyone give me the approx. weight of a 79 Cole tr-2 with a n/a big block Chevy in it. It is a med/heavy lay up boat with the standard casale v-drive & basic rigging. I am in the process of building one and just trying to get a general idea of how much weight the new engine will be pushing. Thanks in advance!

Realistically 1850lbs +/-75lbs with some fuel, less driver. Remember aluminum heads vs iron will save about 65lbs, aluminum side tanks vs stainless also saves. So it's really hard to pin point a weight without actually weighing one. However some of of have weighed ours in pieces and fully assembled. LOL