WATER INJECTED HEADERS

txliberator

think.gif think.gif think.gif

HEADER.jpg

WAFOBABY

Dusty you cutting TWO sets out RIGHT LOL!    IF it heats the chrome off just paint the headers RAT ROD black then you dont have to worry about what they look like.  I think it will work it will atleast look like you are running water going across the lake.  And thats all that matters.    Keep them pics coming looking like you got a good start.

blazeracer

Crusader said:
Hahahaha.... it's true man!!!!!!!!!!

I was there that night. We all got a good laugh out of those home made water injected pipes. They looked like shit BUT, they were technically legal.

Last Mohecian

Administrator
I would think it would reduce the noise substantially. If you have ever listed to a boat with logs running on the hose it is substantially quieter once the water is on.  With logs the water enters the exhaustst pretty close the the tip on the back side of the snails.

Dry Dock

Many years ago when the laws started getting strict on headers we experimented with water injection at end of collector.  TP&W officers called them water injected stacks. ha............ we also were informed they were not legal. If you have headers wet or dry you have to have muffler. (whether they work or not).

When Bassett first introduced the water injected chrome headers they were touted as being so quiet as being legal. It does quieten down when running. However the trick of water injected stacks made them re-write law to include all headers.  I have baset mufflers with half the baffles removed. (in center)  both ends have the factory Bassett baffles still in place.

I have had Bassetts on 3 boats. Never run a T valve.  I put water pickup on low side (right side of propeller) and when idling they are dry.  when you slow down the water flow decreases also. I never run on pressure or water pump side of lines. I have yet to ever hydraulic and engine or get water in it.  But this is V-Drive application also.

vdrivegrimes

Dry Dock said:
Many years ago when the laws started getting strict on headers we experimented with water injection at end of collector.  TP&W officers called them water injected stacks. ha............ we also were informed they were not legal. If you have headers wet or dry you have to have muffler. (whether they work or not).

When Bassett first introduced the water injected chrome headers they were touted as being so quiet as being legal. It does quieten down when running. However the trick of water injected stacks made them re-write law to include all headers.  I have baset mufflers with half the baffles removed. (in center)  both ends have the factory Bassett baffles still in place.

I have had Bassetts on 3 boats. Never run a T valve.  I put water pickup on low side (right side of propeller) and when idling they are dry.  when you slow down the water flow decreases also. I never run on pressure or water pump side of lines. I have yet to ever hydraulic and engine or get water in it.  But this is V-Drive application also.

thats good info to have

Dry Dock

Said wrong side........... low pressure side is driver side water pick up for headers......... on your right if your in driver seat looking back......... sorry for confusion.....

Engine and water pump pick up on right looking from behind......... left from looking from driver seat......

Header driver side
engine passenger side

txliberator

Thanks for the input dry dock! It's just an idea right now but I do plan on trying it out. Ill post pics when I get there.