warhawk tx-20 owners

Borderlinecrazy

Kelly Cravens Warhawk TX-20 is a mid-80's boat...........my Borderlinecrazy TX-20 with a 502 bbc was a high 80's boat.............Jim has several TX-20's on the east coast that run as high as 126 mph very stable and smooth.
There are a couple on the SDBA circuit that run as consistant as any boat made.
Great hull and great ride. Let's hope Jim get's well and continues making a great boat.  :smile15:

IMPATIENT 1

i've ran 1(tx-20 yb) past 108 and it felt nice, till you want to turn to miss a roller, then things get hairy :smile23: it has a drop keel though and wants to stay on keel and go straight, never driven a regular tx-20 :undecided: i think they're alot of fun to drive and the tx-20 ride very nice imo :smile15:

RLP

Borderlinecrazy what kind of hp and rpms does it take for yours to do high 80's ?

mine thats on here for sale made a 1 way pass of 102 at 6400 rpms.
put some more into the pump with a inducer and best now is 96 and lost 350 rpms.
and have a healthy 496 stroker solid roller dart pro1,dominator etc.

would like to get into the teens but im a long way from there.

and we also hope Jim gets well.
they are very nice people and turn out a great boat.

IMPATIENT 1

RLP said:
Borderlinecrazy what kind of hp and rpms does it take for yours to do high 80's ?

mine thats on here for sale made a 1 way pass of 102 at 6400 rpms.
put some more into the pump with a inducer and best now is 96 and lost 350 rpms.
and have a healthy 496 stroker solid roller dart pro1,dominator etc.

would like to get into the teens but im a long way from there.

and we also hope Jim gets well.
they are very nice people and turn out a great boat.
get ervin to put a bottom on it and you're there man. the inducer will make it quiker but not faster, that bottom mod would add big mph with the same set-up, turnin the same rpms.

S

Static Line

Borderlinecrazy said:
Kelly Cravens Warhawk TX-20 is a mid-80's boat...........my Borderlinecrazy TX-20 with a 502 bbc was a high 80's boat.............Jim has several TX-20's on the east coast that run as high as 126 mph very stable and smooth.
There are a couple on the SDBA circuit that run as consistant as any boat made.
Great hull and great ride. Let's hope Jim get's well and continues making a great boat.  :smile15:

Steve's boat was fast enough to suck the beer out of my can .....smoothest riding boat i have ever been in got vid on it at Google video... just do a search on Borderline crazy  :smile15:

RLP

yea mine rides nice also.
but past 85 if ya mess around and turn wheel slightly she feels like its on ice.
cool video also :smile15:
but i tell ya if i ride at 50 to 60 and trim way up to shoot some water she gets way up on the back.
maybe its the low profile intake has the thrust point down lower.
but she takes set very quick and pulls like ya have been shot out a cannon!!!!!

RLP

Well guys im very excited to say i made a 2 way pass this weekend 104 mph  :smile19:
The o/b guys i hang with like to have s---!!!!!!!!!!!
Had to string her out but hey its kicking butt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
These Warhawks do very well when ya find the sweet spot on everything :smile15: