V drive haul

Gold Member

What is a good vdrive haul to have for a good lake/performance boat? Is there one that will ride as smooth as my tx-19 jet? My uncle wants one but don't want to be beat to death when the water is a little choppy.

duanehydro

Man, the daycruiser is the way to go......smooth as glass, excellent economy, and the ability to run 100+ with enough power.

Gold Member

He will mainly wants it for hot rodding he is going to put one of his drag motors in it but don't want to be limited to being able to take the boat out only if its like glass. Iv noticed that most vdrives bounce a lot even if its just a little choppy?

KONA77

Motor Head said:
What is a good vdrive haul to have for a good lake/performance boat? Is there one that will ride as smooth as my tx-19 jet? My uncle wants one but don't want to be beat to death when the water is a little choppy.

WAKEBOAT  :smile26:

duanehydro

For a hotrod boat, can't beat a runner bottom, imo. Rough water is what it is, though.

There are some great tunnel hulls out there that would probably fit the bill for him. Check over on dragboatcity

Disturbed

Runnerbottom.  :smile30:  Mine has no problem with light chop.  But, I do need LIGHT chop or less for really letting it fly with no down pedal. 

73 Sanger Flat

Duanehydro said:
For a hotrod boat, can't beat a runner bottom, imo. Rough water is what it is, though.

There are some great tunnel hulls out there that would probably fit the bill for him. Check over on dragboatcity

Like Duane said a  good V-Drive day cruiser would be the best beat , but they take a lot of Horsepower to run fast .. Rocky boat has a Blown BBC in it and JJ boat is a twin turbo BBC  and both run real good . 

2nd choice would be a  V-Drive Tunnel Hull , not very many made though ..

A runner bottom would be the 3nd chouice if you wnated to stay with a V-Drive . I have a  Cole TR-4 runner bottom and it does pretty good , but it will  beat you up when it get rough and you want to play out in the rough water .. Mine will actually run pretty good on some chop , just keep your foot close to that down pedal !!

Gold Member

I know this sounds crazy but he wants to put one of his inline ford 6cly my mom use to run in her front motor dragster in a boat. It only makes about 450hp but the torque is way up there. It's a long stroke motor. It ran high 9s at over 130mph in 1/4. He wants to spray it too. If it don't work he will put one of his v8s in it.

Devilman

Patchman said:
You could call it ( One buzzin half dozen). clap.gif

There was some guys here in town had an old '30-something model Chevy truck with a straight six they took to the drags.. And thats what they called it or maybe their team, "Buzzin' Half Dozen"... :grin: Duane probably knows 'em, Staff was there last name..

MotorHead those some cool pics, if you got anymore post 'em up! :smile16:

Gold Member

im trying to find some more. I got to drive that car at a test n tune wen i was 18 and that was probably the trill of my life! That motor started out in a 69 mustang when my grandpa and uncle first built it in 1984. now the mustang is mine with a stroker small block ford in it. (well its been on a motor stand for about 4 years now). The v8 is faster but it sure dont suck you back in the seat like that 300 six did! Thats why we think it just might work in a boat.

Gold Member

here is couple of pics of pics  of the mustang when my mom still raced it with the sbf.

Attachments

• mustang 1.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 173
  • mustang 2.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 193