Upholstery issues

stangcorey

Started getting some tears in my upholstery, is there a quick cheap fix I can do myself? Or would I be better off taking it to a shop, if so any ideas on a cost they would charge?? Thanks

Attachments

• DSCN0611.JPG
    765.3 KB · Views: 271
  • DSCN0610.JPG
    776.5 KB · Views: 272
  • DSCN0609.JPG
    770.9 KB · Views: 241

okieron

looks like seam threads are popping. no quickie on that. But wont be expensive to fix. I had same issue and it was like 100 to fix three seats with me pulling them out.

stangcorey

Randall said:
hey corey i heard of a guy over in port arthur who is very reasonable, and does great work, i will look for his number

Good deal, I've only seen one place since being here but can't remember where at. If anyone knows of any good affordable places in se Houston let me know too.

btw  THE navy SUCKS :smile24: :smile24: :smile24: :smile24:

spd500

Pasadena Auto Upholstry on Shaver in Pasadena . He does really good work for reasonable prices and gets it back to you quick . The owners name is Chris . 713-473-5800

spd500

But in the pics it looks like the vinyl is torn as opposed to the threads being pulled , not sure it is as easy of a fix . Chris will look at it for you for nothing and give you a price and let you know how long it will take .

Devilman

spd500 said:
But in the pics it looks like the vinyl is torn as opposed to the threads being pulled , not sure it is as easy of a fix . Chris will look at it for you for nothing and give you a price and let you know how long it will take .

Thats what it looks like to me as well, at least in that middle pic. Seats will have to be pulled out either way, no way is it gonna be fixed without the covers coming off. Not if he wants it to look worth a shit anyway.... :grin:

stangcorey

spd500 said:

Thanks, I will give him a call today. Is anyone familiar with the place on the corner of Nasa rd.1 and 146? The place has been in business forever. Also does anyone have a ballpark of what these seats are worth, $100? Just fishing boat seats right....that way I can weigh the price to fix to shopping around for some new seats that match. Thanks for the help!