Tunnel Ram throttle bracket ???????

77Jet Star

What is every one doing for a throttle cable bracket.I am mounting the Carbs sideways and need something to mount low at the front of the intake so it will work with the sideways linkage.I am using a weiand tunnel ram BBC.I have spent hours on the net looking and have found only some light weight pieces that need to be modified.Does anyone make such a bracket.If not post up what you did and maybe a picture of your side carb cable bracket set up set up.PS I already have the linkage.    think.gif 

You need one of these

http://m.summitracing.com/parts/MRG-9885

And one of these then put them togeather

http://m.summitracing.com/parts/MRG-6037

TintMan

Jetstar...pm me ur number and when i get home this eve...i'll text u pics of how i set mine up...i have a weiand w 750s.

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
KONA said:
you may need to help this guy out,  he's been hangin with Patch too long  :smile20:
I hang alone, it's easier to keep my secrets that way! :evil:

Carnivalride

Here's the bracket I made it mounts to the the 2 carb flanges and uses one of those standard Morse cable ends. I also hid the return spring underneath.

Attachments

• IMG_20120309_195938.jpg
    IMG_20120309_195938.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 1,010
  • Throttle bracket bottom with return spring.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 866

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Carnivalride said:
Here's the bracket I made it mounts to the the 2 carb flanges and uses one of those standard Morse cable ends. I also hid the return spring underneath.
That looks like the ticket there! :smile16:

77Jet Star

Carnivalride said:
Nice  clap.gif

77Jet Star

Carnivalride really has a neat set  up and I really liked it.I wanted to do mine that way and was looking for some aluminiun to make the bracket.Mean while I  remembered Randal had a pretty neat linkage and fuel line setup on his new boat so I pm'd him and he sent me some pictures .His set up also did away with the lower bell crank and intake bracket.And I could use my existing carb bracket off the old setup.So I copied Randals set up.I want to thank everyone for their help on this problem.Here are some pictures of my linkage.                                                                            P.S. Patch and Kona can Jack this thread now                                                           

Attachments

• linkage 1.JPG
    300.8 KB · Views: 123

KONA77

i guess that looks pretty good,  need bigger pics....  :tongue:

P.S.  i don't wanna now  :laugh:

77Jet Star

KONA said:
i guess that looks pretty good,  need bigger pics....  :tongue:

P.S.  i don't wanna now  :laugh:
What do you mean you guess it looks pretty good it looks great    jump.gif