Tunnel Hull?

Devilman

Check this thing out, been seeing it on CL... Listed as a tri-hull, which it certainly resembles from the front... but the pic of the transom shows it having what looks like some pretty deep tunnels...

Wonder how that thing rides and how it would perform with some power in it?

http://houston.craigslist.org/boa/3862003700.html

3t83K73s25Nb5s15qed6ac80105217c2f19b8.jpg

3Gb3sf3H35Ed5K25qfd6abb274fab9aaf1940.jpg

Crusader

A guy that hangs with us in Lavon has an identical one like what you posted...saw it last night as a matter of fact. Very nice boat...he loves his....

Yep, it's a tunnel too.

scarabscs

That's interesting. Might scoot with a good pump and motor! And you could drive it across the middle of the lake ;-)

Firefish

Boat looks to be REAL HEAVY.  It would take a lot of horsepower to get it up.  But probably a good family play boat!

FormulaZR

Firefish said:
Boat looks to be REAL HEAVY.  It would take a lot of horsepower to get it up.  But probably a good family play boat!

True. But in my head I keep thinking about it like this:

You're out on the lake, see a boat throwing a rooster tail and hear the sound of an 800 hp V8 screaming. Then it gets closer and you hear the cackle of the idle....and all you see is a boat that looks like it was borrowed from the Park Ranger.

I'm telling you, if this boat was cheaper - I'd buy it and do my best to make one helluva sleeper. It might not ever be fast, but hopefully it could be quick.

Crusader

FormulaZR said:
Firefish said:

You're out on the lake, see a boat throwing a rooster tail and hear the sound of an 800 hp V8 screaming. Then it gets closer and you hear the cackle of the idle....and all you see is a boat that looks like it was borrowed from the Park Ranger.

I'm telling you, if this boat was cheaper - I'd buy it and do my best to make one helluva sleeper. It might not ever be fast, but hopefully it could be quick.

I like the way you think!!!!

blazeracer

There was a boat that looked just like this one that smoked me spraying NOS at Plowmans in 2010. Looked like a bowrider fishing boat and all I saw was transom.

scarabscs

FormulaZR said:
Firefish said:

Im laughing my ass off, because I have the same sickness as you.  Thats exactly what my twisted mind what thinking  clap.gif

FormulaZR

All kidding aside, the $4k price is what keeps me from messing with this. Most of you know, I've been thinking of adding power to my LS engine. How comical would would that be???

A pair of turbos would quiet the exhaust down some, to the point where 800 hp sounded like 450 hp or so. And you see this evil B**** out on the water from a distance....but from up close, you're looking for the boat behind it! I love it. I love it too much. i haven't really followed my heart in boats...but in general, I try to be the king of sleepers.

Not bragging...but I think my boat (and most other 21' tunnels) look fast sitting still. How about a boat that looks slow even on plane?

Can you imagine the possibilities?!?!?

** PS, a trolling motor would complete the package.