Trailer repair

PLANEJIM

Guys-I need your thought about unloading my jetboat on the driveway-I am about to weld new fenders on trailer and also have it sandblasted/painted.  I would stick it in the water at the lake but with items that come up missing on my pontoon at the marina-I have fears of items disappearing off my Pantera-headers, carbs.  I was thinking about stacking old tires and sliding it off-what do you think-thanks

Disturbed

I would pull the engine and empty the fuel tanks.  Just to lighten it up and make it more manageable.  It's easy enough to do.  :smile30:

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
If you are close to Pinehurst , or Magnolia. I probably have some old tires you are more than welcome to use. :smile30: :smile30:

ChryslerJet

Jack with some rubber from tires on the transom lift off the trailer.  Aframe with straps from the bow eye on the front end and drive trailer out from under it.  A engine hoist will work as well on the front or rear if other options not available.

PLANEJIM

Thanks for the ideas-I have access to plenty of tires due to business I am in-also have a forklift here -I was think about a large strap using a piece of drill stem for a spreader across the transom and set the boat on tires-with the aid on a engine hoist on the bow-keeping my fingers crossed!!!

KONA77

why,  he has access to a forklift,  why do all that extra work, to just work on the trailer,  that's just  crazy.gif crazy.gif crazy.gif crazy.gif crazy.gif crazy.gif

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I wouldn't take any chances. You didn't see that video Custom posted with all the boats falling off the crane straps! :smile20:

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Besides Kona , you are known for finding the hardest way to do things! :smile26: :smile23: :smile14:

Disturbed

Patchman said:
Well, I wouldn't take any chances. You didn't see that video Custom posted with all the boats falling off the crane straps! :smile20:
Agreed.  :smile30:  no need to take chances

KONA77

DISTURBED said:
Patchman said:
Agreed.  :smile30:  no need to take chances

that's why you need a pair of boatlift straps like I have....  :smile17:

Devilman

KONA said:
I do everything the easy way and with the least amount of work  :smile16:

ya right  :cheesy:

bullshit_detector4.gif