Tow rig, 5th wheel, then boat.

blazeracer

So I saw some guys at Tawakoni that had 5th wheels behind their trucks and the boat behind that. I had no idea that was even legal!! Did a little research and it is here in Texas as well as Oklahoma and Arkansas as long as the TOTAL length as 65 feet or less.

So to get an idea, how big of a trailer are we looking at the some of you guys have?

blazeracer

I don't know if a 28 footer is too big, but this would be sweet.

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/rvs/2695636386.html

YES, a gooseneck is also acceptable in TX, OK, and AR for tandem towing.

KONA77

i would say measure the boat and boat trailer's total length and the the tow rig and you should have an idea of what the length of the travel trailer can be...

Devilman

Just for grins I measured the Dodge, (4 dr. short bed) & its 18 feet from bumper to bumper. My 18 foot boat on the trailer measures out close to 23 or 24 feet from the tongue, to the end of the pump. So there is 42 feet, which would leave you 23 feet to spare it if you had to keep it at 65 feet in overall length.

That is figuring with a bumper pull camper, a gooseneck/5th wheel setup should gain you some footage if I understand it correctly?

blazeracer

I measured from the front bumper of my F250 to the gooseneck ball is 16 feet. My Glastron from tongue to pump is 22 feet. The Enforcer is 20 feet.

Leaves me 27 feet on the Glastron. I guess it would also depend on the location of the gooseneck hitch and the receiver on the trailer too. That's cutting it close. Looks like the ideal size for me.

Devilman

That will still be a decent sized trailer, especially if you find one with a slide. Its nice havin a place to crash that is for sure.

73 Sanger Flat

last time i was hooked up to my32 ft  fifth wheel , with a single cab long bed truck , I measured it and then added the boat length to it and I would be 68 ft long .. I am  going to take the chance and  pull both and just hope I don't get stopped ..

I need a RV  that is 28 ft long

oldbuck40

I use this set up Dodge 4dr dually, 26ft goosneck, and pulled that old SJ that Black owns now and i was just under 65' say bout 18 inches. Pulls damn nice too!

vdrivegrimes

im wanting to find an old conversion dually and get the interior out of it. some had a rear seat that folded into a bed. that would be perfect for me and the misses. or just put a air up matteress in the tahoe. cant afford no fancy rv just yet.