Top speed in a Rogers?

LD

I have a Rogers Bonneville TR 19. It has a Chevy 461 with 550 to 600 horsepower depending on which pump chart you are looking at. It turns 5600 RPM with a Berkeley A impeller. The fastest I can get the boat to is 70 mph. It will do that with just me in it or 4 people and a cooler of beer. It does have a homemade loader in it. It looks like a rockgrate that someone tried to make into a loader with angle iron. It hangs down about 3/4" below the keel. Could this be the problem? What loader do yall recommend with this boat? Thanks.

Disturbed

That doesn't add up.  I know for a fact that it only takes around 350-375 horses to get a Rogers to 70.  Your pump might be tired.  You might want to contact Mike at Central Texas Jets!  :smile30:

Chevy2184

If your loader is TRULEY hanging 3/4 of an inch below keel?? That is a LOT of bite? When you get off of the gas does it glide or kinda slide across the water? Or does it whoa pretty quick? I couldn't believe the difference it made on mine when I started trimming it! I wound up about a 1/4 above keel and the boat needed quite a bit more shut down room cause of how much less drag! But it's a fine line? Cut it to short and you get to buy you another loader! 😳

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
And at a bare minimum, I would inspect it closely for cracks. That thing breaks, someone mite get wet.  :smile20:

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
You would be better off with a good loader! The other question is it through bolted? Probably be hard to tell with it together! But if it is not, I would take it off! think.gif

Devilman

3/4" below keel seems excessive & agree with the post above about shutdown issues.

That looks like the same loader I have in mine. Its what Rex marine called a "ski loader" or something like that. Mine doesn't hang below the keel though, its about flush with it best I can remember. I got some pics somewhere I will check out & post for ya.

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
If you are going to tackle it yourself, make sure you have new bolts ready to go. They usually don't like to come out! :smile30:

Devilman

Looking at pics of when I had my pump apart, looks like the same loader...

loader1.jpg

loader2.jpg

Looking from underneath.

loader3.jpg

[/quote]

Here is a link to Rex Marine's listing on it.... Not sure where I got "ski loader" from? anyway, looks like the first one on the list... http://www.rexmar.com/page122.html

Disturbed

You may want to send turboed-tx-20 a PM.  He's in your neighborhood and might be able to help you with your loader and shoe questions.  Just a thought.