The New Family Boat

customtouch

Here is the new replacement for the Glastron. Not at all a fan of teal but I guess it will just have to grow on me cause it's not gonna get changed for a long time!!!

Chevy2184

Ooooooh I see the method to the madness... 😎

Sent from my shop setting in my boat making motor noises

Devilman

customtouch said:
Here is the new replacement for the Glastron. Not at all a fan of teal but I guess it will just have to grow on me cause it's not gonna get changed for a long time!!!

Ya where have I heard that before.... :grin: I see now the deal about the Glastron. Cool deal.

jimsplace

Nice pictures and good looking boat, but how about some details.
Does it float, how long is it, does it have an engine that works and more?
I'm naturally nosy.

customtouch

Ok..........since inquiring minds want to know.  It's a 1999 220 Checkmate (now called a 240 since all manufacturers started including the swim platform in their measurements in 2000) with a stock Mercruiser 310hp 454 mpi and Bravo I drive. Yes Jim it runs and floats!!  :grin: Has 311hrs on it and other than being dirty the uphoulstery and hull sides are in good shape (just ugly colors)  :grin: Only issue with it that I know of is there are some soft spots in the transom around the exhaust but the cost of repairing that was negotiated into the final price. Plans are to use it this summer  and do a complete new coosa board transom over the winter so it will never rot again!! I haven't decided yet if I will do it myself and keep the money or let my buddy do it. Lots of cockpit room (for its size) ,drop out bolsters, and 24 degree deadrise hull means a lot more comfort for the wife and passengers so she will be happier. Only plans for it other than the transom (absolutely no plans to make it faster since I want turnkey dependability) is a good sterio system, so that will free up my time to move on to the v-drive sooner which makes me happier.  WIN!!! WIN!!!!  Thinking of naming it "GameOver"...... obviously because it's a Checkmate and also my boat buying days are over!!

jimsplace

customtouch said:
Ok..........since inquiring minds want to know.  It's a 1999 220 Checkmate (now called a 240 since all manufacturers started including the swim platform in their measurements in 2000) with a stock Mercruiser 310hp 454 mpi and Bravo I drive. Yes Jim it runs and floats!!  :grin: Has 311hrs on it and other than being dirty the uphoulstery and hull sides are in good shape (just ugly colors)  :grin: Only issue with it that I know of is there are some soft spots in the transom around the exhaust but the cost of repairing that was negotiated into the final price. Plans are to use it this summer  and do a complete new coosa board transom over the winter so it will never rot again!! I haven't decided yet if I will do it myself and keep the money or let my buddy do it. Lots of cockpit room (for its size) ,drop out bolsters, and 24 degree deadrise hull means a lot more comfort for the wife and passengers so she will be happier. Only plans for it other than the transom (absolutely no plans to make it faster since I want turnkey dependability) is a good sterio system, so that will free up my time to move on to the v-drive sooner which makes me happier.  WIN!!! WIN!!!!  Thinking of naming it "GameOver"...... obviously because it's a Checkmate and also my boat buying days are over!!

AND, I thought you were being serious, right up until you said, "and also my boat buying days are over!!"
The color seems to bother you for some reason, but it looks nice in the picture to me.
Checkmates are nice boats.  I know at one time there was a group of people that had Checkmates around here who liked them, but that was several years ago that I knew about them.
    :smile17:

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
It will definitely make the wife happier! Congrats on the purchase, we look forward to enjoying the water with ya'll this year. It looks bigger than a 22'. I guess that makes mine bigger than yours! :evil:

customtouch

jimsplace said:
customtouch said:

AND, I thought you were being serious, right up until you said, "and also my boat buying days are over!!"
The color seems to bother you for some reason, but it looks nice in the picture to me.
Checkmates are nice boats.  I know at one time there was a group of people that had Checkmates around here who liked them, but that was several years ago that I knew about them.
    :smile17:

Thanks Jim and I hope I am being serious but your right, you never know!!  :smile14:  I have always liked Checkmate boats and almost bought a new 30' back in 2000 when I bought my Outlaw. The boat looks good but the boring "pastel looking" color fad of the 90's just never rubbed off on me. If it was my only boat it would bother me and it will probably get changed some day, but that won't be until the interior wears out so I'm not too worried about it now. This boat is pretty much just about function and not looks or speed.  "Bucket List" on the other hand will be a different story if I can ever get around to it and I'm hoping this boat gets me one step closer.

customtouch

Patchman said:
It will definitely make the wife happier! Congrats on the purchase, we look forward to enjoying the water with ya'll this year. It looks bigger than a 22'. I guess that makes mine bigger than yours! :evil:

We will see if you still think your boat is bigger after we put them side by side.  :smile30: :smile14:  :grin:

customtouch

Patchman said:
The title says 24'8". :smile17:

I'm sure it does and if you were to look on Reggie's drivers license he probably said he is 6'2" too but................ think.gif :smile14: :grin:

Disturbed

Looks like the battle for the biggest boat is underway.  :smile17:

I guess Knotty is out shopping for a new boat now.  :smile26:

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
DISTURBED said:

Reggie 6' 2"  clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif

customtouch

DISTURBED said:

Not really. Mike S has us all covered in that category right now.  :smile30:  I don't want a big boat again or the hassles that go with it. Just washing one is a PITA!!!!  But you are probably right about Henry!!! :grin:

Disturbed

Speaking of which, I wonder where our little buddy's hiding?  He's been kinda quiet the past couple days.  He just might be up to no good.